New language files

Post your questions and problem reports here

New language files

Postby Manuel. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi everybody!

I recently sent an email to Karlis asking him for additional language files. Unfortunately, he had to tell me that as of today there are only files for English, German and French available. But I am quite sure that at least some of you translated the original language file to your mother tongue (I would have done it, but the German translation already exists). So, what about sending your translations to Karlis? He will then make those files available for download here.

Kind regards,

Manuel

I agree. [Karlis]
Manuel.

Postby chrisjlocke » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:38 pm

This will have to work on the supply and demand method. If there is a big demand for say, Italian, then that request can go on the forum for it to be processed. There is no benefit going to the trouble of translating the language file, only for no-one to download it.

What language did you have in mind?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Re: New language files

Postby Manuel. » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:03 pm

Chris, I think you got me wrong. I didn't suggest to translate the language file. I am just pretty sure that someone already did it. Or are there really no Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Greek, Polish etc. customers of Screen Saver Factory? If I was - e.g. Spanish - selling my screensavers in Spain I would have translated the files to Spanish (which is easy to do by just clicking on 'Options' --> 'User Interface' --> 'New'. It takes half an hour and there are no programming skills required).

I am mostly interested in the following languages: Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian. Japanese would also be fine, but that's not possible, since the current version of SSF doesn't support 2 byte characters.

Kind regards,

Manuel
Manuel.

Return to Screensaver Factory Support