Large Screensavers and Vista Installs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Large Screensavers and Vista Installs

Postby barryfll » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:41 pm

I am currently evaluating the Enterprize version of Screensaver Factory and am very impressed. I am planning to format my Screensavers with 30 decent resolution photos (1280x1024) accompanied by a decent size mp3 music soundtrack. The final ss file size is around 10 meg. My questions are...will a screensaver this large create any problems for running on perhaps older computers...and is there a problem for a larger resolution ss to be viewed on a 800x600 screen?

My next question is do you have any installation instructions and possible problems that people may encounter when installing these screensavers in Windows Vista operating systems. I run on XP myself, but I understand there are some security hurdles that might be an issue when download and installing screensavers.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Barry from Canada
barryfll

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 pm

We have extensively tested screensavers created with Screensaver Factory on Windows Vista Ultimate. Only minor problems have been detected and they have been corrected. So far no serious problem reports from users.

As for the size, I'd recommend to use 1280x1024 or better less. This will allow to create smaller screensaver file. Since we have smooth resize built-in, screensavers can be adjusted to automatically resize images to fit bigger or smaller screens with minimum or no quality loss.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support