best image resolution

Post your questions and problem reports here

best image resolution

Postby mfurtman » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:55 pm

I've downloaded the trial version, find it excellent, and am considering purchasing the full version. But first, I have a question.

Can you recommend a best resolution at which to save .jpg files so that the images display well on all monitors? My monitor is at 1280x1024, but the original images, shot with a digital SLR, are at 3504x2336. Obviously, I need to resize them, but don't want to go too small, and lose quality, or leave them too large, and thus create a large, final, screensave file size.

Since monitors can be set to so many different resolutions, which size would you recommend to maintain quality for those at high resolution, yet keep the .scr file size reasonable? Thank you in advance.

Mike
mfurtman

Postby Karlis » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:11 pm

It would be the best if you used 1024x768, according to our statistics, most users has this resolution - 60%, 24% goes to 800x600 and 10% are using 1280x1024, other resolutions are used less.

So the 1024x768 is optimum, it will be adjusted to 800x600 with no quality loss and enlarged to 1280x1024 with minimal quality loss.

Also, make sureyou use compressed (optimized) JPG images, not BMP. I recommend using Adobe Photoshop for resizing your images before using them in Screensaver Factory.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

thanks

Postby mfurtman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:18 pm

Thank you!
mfurtman

Return to Screensaver Factory Support