Always problem with Title and Filename

Post your questions and problem reports here

Always problem with Title and Filename

Postby ecrandeveille » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 am

Hi,

Sometimes, the name of my screensaver is the one I put in Title screensaver, sometimes it is the filename of my screensaver.

I always make two versions : one in english and one in french. Each version has a different Title name, for example "My screensaver" and "Mon Ecran de Veille" but the same file name (for example "newscreensaver.scr").

I'm not using the install program include with Screensaver Factory but Install Creator Pro from Clickteam. This install program has an option for screensaver.

I always configure everything in the same way, but with some screensavers, in Screensaver Tab of Displays Properties I have the Title of my screensaver (for example, "My Screensaver) and wiht other screensavers I have the name of the filename ("newscreensaver").

I didn't know how many hours I have lost to fix this problem : it's essential for me to have the name of the Title.

Thank you.

PR
ecrandeveille

filename 8 letters

Postby ecrandeveille » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 am

Seems to be a "DOS problem" ? If the filename is not larger than 8, screensaver title is ok.

Not completely sure the problem come from here...

Regards,

PR
ecrandeveille

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 pm

This also depends on your Windows version. On some windows your file name must be 8 chars or less for Title to be used. Generally on Windows XP and later there should be no problems with Title.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ecrandeveille » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Karlis wrote:This also depends on your Windows version. On some windows your file name must be 8 chars or less for Title to be used. Generally on Windows XP and later there should be no problems with Title.

Well, I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2.

Sincerely,

Pascal Riben
ecrandeveille

Postby Karlis » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:58 pm

If you do not use built-in setup, the solution is simple. Make your file names 8 or less characters long if you want to use the entered title.

Other way is to name your screensavers the same as you would like them to appear in display properties. E.g. "My Super Screensaver.scr"
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support