questions + sample screensaver

Post your questions and problem reports here

questions + sample screensaver

Postby drewster » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:34 am

1. when adding an mp3 to the screensaver i'm getting "hiccups" in the sound. any suggestions?

2. i know the images in a screensaver can be made into wallpaper by hitting F2. will people have the ability to take these wallpaper images and use them/distribute them for their own purposes? :evil:

3. does anyone have input on selling screensavers vs. giving them away for free? i have a feeling that most people expect them to be free. i myself doubt that i would ever pay for a screensaver...perhaps revenue could be earned through advertising on a site that is getting a lot of traffic, thus allowing you to give them all away for free. i'm curious to know how other people are doing this successfully. :wink:

4. i would like to share a screensaver i created with screensaver factory, i invite your input. these are photos i took while living in new mexico last year. all pictures were taken in the states of arizona and new mexico. here's the download link: (btw- the website is not up yet)

(18.7 MB Filename: Southwest!)

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Get.asp ... 05ded57fd2


thanks
drewster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:57 am
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA

Re: questions + sample screensaver

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:52 pm

drewster wrote:1. when adding an mp3 to the screensaver i'm getting "hiccups" in the sound. any suggestions?


You should either try other file or try to re-encode the mp3 or try to update your mp3 playback codec installed in Windows. Usually the fault is either in the codec or mp3 file. Screensaver Factory simply plays the mp3 file using system default settings.

drewster wrote:2. i know the images in a screensaver can be made into wallpaper by hitting F2. will people have the ability to take these wallpaper images and use them/distribute them for their own purposes? :evil:


Yes, if they are advanced users. You can disable F2 feature to prevent this.

drewster wrote:3. does anyone have input on selling screensavers vs. giving them away for free? i have a feeling that most people expect them to be free. i myself doubt that i would ever pay for a screensaver...perhaps revenue could be earned through advertising on a site that is getting a lot of traffic, thus allowing you to give them all away for free. i'm curious to know how other people are doing this successfully. :wink:


I know people who are making anywhere from $0 to $3000 per month while selling screensavers. Nowadays it is difficult to sell general (e.g. Cats or Dogs) screensavers. You must either target niche market (e.g. Pictures of some small town or tourism object) or make the revenue based on advertising.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
User avatar
Karlis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:24 pm
Location: Riga, Latvia, Europe

Postby drewster » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:46 am

k, thanks for the info
drewster
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:57 am
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA


Return to Screensaver Factory Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron