Screensavers Not Showing Screen Saver Display Properties

Post your questions and problem reports here

Screensavers Not Showing Screen Saver Display Properties

Postby barryfll » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 pm

When I initially install my Screensaver Factory screensavers using the setup exe file, the display properties menu automatically pops up showing the new screensaver that I just installed at the top of the list of all of the screen savers that came with the computer.

However, when I switch from the newly installed screensaver to another screensaver in the display properties menu then try to go back to the newly installed screen saver, all the Screensaver Factory screensavers that I have already installed disappear from the list of available screensavers that I can switch to.

This same problem happens with every computer that I have installed the screensavers on. I would appreciate any assistance in being able to get the Screensaver Factory screensavers to appear in the Screensaver menu of the Display Properties .

Thanks for your help.
barryfll

Postby Karlis » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Please note that de to specifics of Windows system you can only have one screensaver that is not installed under c:\windows\ at a time. Which means if all your screensavers are installed under c:\windows\ and only one of them is installed somewhere else, say under c:\program files\, it will show in the list. If you have more than one screensaver out of c:\windows\ location, only one of them will be in the list. At least it is so on Windows XP.

The solution is simple - make sure the screensaver is installed under c:\windows\
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support