Mutiple Monitors - Different Display sizes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Mutiple Monitors - Different Display sizes

Postby Bronwyn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:21 am

Hi,

I am currently reviewing an evaluation copy of your software. On my test machine I have dual monitors working at different resolutions(Monitor 1 -1024x768 ; Monitor 2 -1600x1200) .

What I have found is that after creating a screensaver made from images (and sound) the image alternate between the two monitors (not a probelm - actually like it) but the screensaver on the monitor 2 only takes up a smaller proportion of the screen in the top right hand corner.

Is this a bug or is it possible to enable the screensaver to cover the screen of the larger monitor?
Bronwyn

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:03 am

Frankly it's the first time we have this problem because usually
people have the same resolution on all displays.
We can fix it but it will take a few weeks or even a month since we
have full schedule. I would like to know if this is an important
matter to you, in that case we could try to speed it up.

Thank you for the report!
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Dual Monitors - Multiple Monitors

Postby Bronwyn » Sun May 15, 2005 3:35 am

Hi,

THank you for your responce. As communicatd to you privactly on 18th March at that time it was not an immediate requirment. However it now has become so.

Can you please tell me if this has been fixed or if it has been scheduled to be resolved? If it has been put on the development schedule can you please let me know when this will be resolved?

Kind Regards,
Bronwyn
Bronwyn

Multiple Monitors

Postby guest » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:10 am

I also use multiple monitors and would like to see an option for such a thing with different resolution choices. I too am evaluating your software and it is on top of a short list.

Disable multiple monitor support?

Postby Ivan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:41 pm

I am suffering from the same problem - I was wondering if it was possible at all to disable the multiple monitor support all together? i can't find any settings to do this...
I think i'd prefer the screensaver on one monitor than alternating between 2 at different resolutions.
Any advice appreciated,
thanks
Ivan

Postby Karlis » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 pm

Currently there are no options for turning on or off the multi monitor support. Try setting both monitors the same resolution.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mcgilles » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:29 am

I came here to report exactly the same thing. I have dual monitors running at different resolutions. I can't set them to the same resolution because they are different sized monitors, and I don't want to reduce the main monitor's resolution.

I noticed that most of these posts are from some time ago, but I just downloaded the evaluation copy of this program today and I still notice this problem. my main monitor is the larger one, and I am getting cropping of the images on the smaller monitor.

This software looks fabulous and I am seriously considering it, what is the current status of a fix for this problem?

thanks!
mcgilles

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:52 am

It was not technically possible for us to do a solution that would allow to display it on two different sized monitors, however we have added an option that allows to turn off the dual-monitor support and leave the second monitor alone. That one can be used until we find a better solution...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mcgilles » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:08 am

that's too bad, it should be possible, it just means a second set of calculations for the display parameters on the other monitors, one of the things which I really like about your program is its ability to work with dual monitors, I really like how it switches back and forth which one gets updated also. is this still a problem which is being investigated? hopefully a solution will be found eventually, I would really like not to have to disable the multi-monitor support, its one of the best features!
mcgilles

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:47 pm

We will be investigating this and something might come up next year.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Multiple monitors

Postby jct » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:20 am

Has a solution been found regarding dual monitors? Our office uses 2-3 monitors per desk - some are different resolutions and some are mixed portrait and landscape on the same desk.

We'd like to have the screensaver (a .swf file) go across all monitors. If that won't work, then we'd like a pic (.gif or comparable image file) to transition between monitors with a static background.

Please let me know. My boss is thrilled I've found an internal solution to our company-wide screensaver.

Thank you.
jct

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm

Unfortunately multi-monitor support is still only available for monitors with equal resolutions. this might change in version 5.0 which is the next major version we are planning to release.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jct » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

So, to use multiple monitors, do I make the screen size wide enough for both monitors? Right now, I've created the .swf to match the size of one monitor. When I created the screensaver from the .swf I did not select Disable Dual Monitor Support.
jct

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:30 pm

.swf is supported only on primary monitor, same applies to video. Pictures can be displayed on both, but either they must be of similar resolution or the primary must be bigger.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Mutiple Monitors - Different Display sizes

Postby seneca » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I need also a solution for this problem:

I also use multiple monitors and would like to see an option for such a thing with different resolution choices!

What is the current status in 2008?
seneca

Next

Return to Screensaver Factory Support