Large Movie Screensaver

Post your questions and problem reports here

Large Movie Screensaver

Postby Drew » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 pm

I've just upgraded from 4 to 5. I like it very much. I'm trying to make a screensaver from a 30 second AVI file and I have 2 questions. Will this run OK on peoples computers? It's about 40 Megs. Also I can't seem to get it to run on both of my monitors. Since I've changed to 5, I'm not seeing my JPG image screensavers on both either. Is there a change from 4-5 on dual monitor support? I don't have the checkbox to disable dual monitor support checked so I'm not sure what the issue is.
But my main question is other than downloading a 40 meg file, is there any problem with running that big a screensaver on slower computers?
Drew

Re: Large Movie Screensaver

Postby MikeyB » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 am

Personally I'd convert the AVI file to something smaller to start with.

Not only will this make the screen saver smaller to create and download, but also will mean it will need less processing power to run.

I really can't imagine anyone would want to download a 40meg screensaver!
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Large Movie Screensaver

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm

I doubt that something was broken with dual monitor support. Starting from version 5 there is multi-monitor support (you may have up to 5) and it was tested and should work. In screensaver settings box you will only have the checkbox if there is more than one monitor detected.

Note that video screensavers are supported on one monitor only.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support