Sound problem with mid files

Post your questions and problem reports here

Sound problem with mid files

Postby mathies » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:15 pm

I have been using the Screensaver Factory 5 a few weeks now and while everything else seems to be working fine, I have not been able to add sound to my screensavers. The 'wav' files that were included with the program do work, but no luck at all with any 'mid' files that I have tried. The same files do work with any other screensaver programs that I have, so the files themselves should be fine.
mathies

Re: Sound problem with mid files

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Please try this on another computer. Probably there is a problem with midi file driver. Screensaver Factory does not use its own but system playback features.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mathies » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks for the tip :) The music works fine in my other PC. Now the question is, where would I find the necessary driver for my main PC? Curiously Windows Media Player plays the midi files when I double click on them?
mathies

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:01 am

Yes, Windows Media Player sometimes uses its own playback system. Frankly, I have never seen this kind of problem before, we have had problems with other fila types and video formats but not midi.

Here are some times:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/51 ... 54927.html

(even though midi work in Media Player for you, still this may help).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mathies » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Problem finally solved, thanks :) In speaker settings the SW Synth was set to Mute. I don't ever remember changing SW Synth settings so these must have been set this way by default, possibly by my Logitech Z-10 speakers driver?- Anyhow, all is well now. Many thanks for your help!
mathies

Return to Screensaver Factory Support