Import tags?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Import tags?

Postby jimwillsher » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi,

This looks like an excellent product, and much better than Axialis which i'm also considering.

I see that there's an option for putting text captions on the pictures. Can these be imported automatically from EXIF/IPTC tags on the pictures? I have 500+ pictures to put in a screensaver, all are TIF or JPEG and all have captions in the EXIF tags. I don't really want to have to key them all in when the pictures are already tagged.....

Jim
jimwillsher

Re: Import tags?

Postby Gatis » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi,

I am afraid Screensaver Factory will not read any information from EXIF/IPTC tags on the pictures.
There is a tool that can automatically place image's file name on the image itself, so it might also be able to put information from EXIF/IPTC tags on pictures, but I am not sure about this.
Once you have pictures with all text on them you need, you can use the pictures then in your screensaver.

This tool is called Irfanview and can be downloaded here:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Kind regards
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Import tags?

Postby jimwillsher » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Many thanks. Yes I'm familiar with irfanview, and I also use ACDSee for the tagging.

Please consider this a feature-request. It's shame that the program can't do this, since picture-tagging is such an efficient way of labelling the pictures. Even if the text could be generated from the name of the filename, that would be good enough as I could just rename the files.

Thanks anyway.

Jim
jimwillsher

Return to Screensaver Factory Support