Best way to set up registration keys when selling...

Post your questions and problem reports here

Best way to set up registration keys when selling...

Postby oceansounds » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Forgive me, I'm a first timer with this. I'm a coach, and I'm creating screensavers unique to my coaching niche for sale, and need a bit of direction. I have taken your suggestion on your website, and signed up for RegNow, and I have made my first screensaver. The next step is to upload it to RegNow, but I'm not sure I understand the concept of the two different choices with the registration keys.

My question is pertaining to whether or not to choose a common registration key or a unique registration key. I don't totally understand how (if I choose "unique") I get this key to the person when they buy. I certainly don't want to do it myself, each time. Yikes.

Is this something RegNow does? And if so, how does the Screensaver Factory software work to achieve this? I entered "seed" and "name" and then hit "generate" and it came up with a code. So, is this the code that RegNow would use for every purchase made? In that case, it's not very unique.... I guess I just need a bit of clarification about it all!

Can you help me out with this!?

Thanks!!

Lauren :D

UPDATED QUESTION: What kind of registration code generator does Screensaver Factory use? I am reading the product setup information at RegNow, and you need to tell them how to manage the registration code delivery process. Please answer soon! I want to get this DONE!!
oceansounds

Re: Best way to set up registration keys when selling...

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 am

Hi,

if you want to use unique registration keys and generate the keys automatically, please read this knowledge base article:
http://kb.blumentals.net/kb/index.php?V ... ntryID=109

Otherwise you can mail the keys manually or simply use a common registration key.

When you generate unique registration key, you enter your customer's name (not yours) and this way the code will be unique for each customer.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oceansounds » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks very much for the quick reply, and the reference to the Knowledge Base. I found several other answers there yesterday, I'm not sure why I didn't find this one..

RegNow accepts only these three languages:

Algorithms consist of source code you provide us in one of three languages, ANSI C/C++, PERL, or JAVA.

Since yours is in either Pascal or PHP, that obviously won't work. RegNow recommends if you need to convert, to do so to PERL.

You might want to consider doing that! Since you are recommending RegNow as a 3rd Party distribution vendor, it stands to reason you could make a lot more $150 sales if the language they needed was available. I know I would buy it today from you! (Hint.)

Thanks again for the quick Customer Support. Much appreciated. For now, I will go with single registration code. :(

Lauren
oceansounds

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:59 pm

We have added Perl script and updated KB article accordingly. I sent you a private message with the details :)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oceansounds » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you very much for the reply, and the update of the page. This is great news!

I'll respond directly to your PM.

Lauren
oceansounds

Postby harrissteve11 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm

thanks for great updates, I really loved to having here !
harrissteve11

Return to Screensaver Factory Support