Screensaver Factory CPU usage - HIGH - Warning!

Post your questions and problem reports here

Screensaver Factory CPU usage - HIGH - Warning!

Postby registered2 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi. I was enjoyed to this program, but for a little time. Until i noticed that every transition load my CPU to extreme high level! I was created big project from pictures and set mp3 background music. Here is pic levels during the transition!

Now i can't distribute my screensavers because the requirement is extreme high. On my old PC with CPU: AMD 2500+ (1.83GHZ) with RAM 512 it cycling on any transition. When transition start visual, then my music cycling exact like damaged vinyl, until transition stop. Then the music work until start the next transition. And visual transitions also cycling. :?
What exact requirement you have for this program? Nowhere description about this problem!
registered2

Re: Screensaver Factory CPU usage - HIGH - Warning!

Postby Aivars » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

We allocated more CPU resources (except when computer is running on batteries) for visual transitions in version 6 than in version 5 to make the transitions look smoother. We didn't notice the problems you mention in testing, but none of our computers is AMD - we will do some more testing on old computers and see if the CPU consumption needs to be dialed back a little.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support