Video screensaver plays on smaller of two screens

Post your questions and problem reports here

Video screensaver plays on smaller of two screens

Postby Rasty » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:55 am

Good evening, I've just purchased screensaver factory and been playing around with it for a couple of hours. I've created several video screensavers but they all default to the smaller of two monitors. I realize that only one monitor will play the video in the screensaver format but I've yet to be able to manipulate it so that it'll play on the larger screen. I've changed the video card output's ensured that the larger screen is the main screen, etc. So far no luck, they all default to the smaller screen. Any ideas/help?
Thanks
Rasty
Rasty

Re: Video screensaver plays on smaller of two screens

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Video is playing to the main screen. If you press "Identify screens" in Display Properties then the screens will get numbered - the one that displays "1" is the main screen. You can change the screen order in Display Properties.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Rasty » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks, but that was my point in my original post, the larger screen is the main screen "1" but the software still has the screensaver defaulting to "2" the smaller screen and not the default screen.
It still defaults to the smaller, secondary screen.
Rasty

Postby Aivars » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Screensavers use the order that is returned by Windows. Maybe your video drivers are circumventing the Windows ordering mechanism somehow?
Try switching the monitor cables in video card (just turn the computer and monitors off before doing that).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support