Screen saver poorer quality than orig. video?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Screen saver poorer quality than orig. video?

Postby janlaiho » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello,

This question is not specific to Screensaver Factory, however it applies to SF users which is why I'm posting this here.

The screensavers I build feature aliasing (jagged edges) and other artifacts and jerky motion - the picture quality of the screensaver is much worse than that of the original video. This is not a hardware issue per se, as the same machine plays the original video file in better quality.

My question is: what is the cause of this, and more importantly, what can I do to make screensavers whose quality matches that of the original video file (e.g. do scr-files have built-in bit rate and other specs, and downconverting happens when building an scr?)

I'm running Win 7 within Parallels Desktop on OS X, I guess that could explain something. But I wonder why within the same configuration the original WMV file plays in better quality (it seems there is something scr-specific going on).

cheers
Janne
janlaiho

Re: Screen saver poorer quality than orig. video?

Postby mithcd » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Janhailo. Looks like this issue is complicated or needs thorough investigation. Have you tried creating a support ticket yet?

http://www.blumentals.net/support/
When in doubt, use Brute Force Image
mithcd

Return to Screensaver Factory Support