Dual monitor support

Post your questions and problem reports here

Dual monitor support

Postby braman1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm creating a corporate screensaver very much like the sample BMW screensaver. Nothing real fancy. Just our company logo fading in and out. When reviewing the BMW sample, the logo appears and works properly on my dual screen monitors. A single logo fades in and out just as it is suppose to work.

When creating my screensaver, I used the same image and added it twice. The problem is... I have a logo on EACH separate monitor at the same time. They are fading in and out at different intervals, but what I want is just ONE logo moving around BOTH monitors as if the dual monitors are one monitor. The sample screensaver does this...why won't mine?

I've messed with the OPTION - DUAL MONITOR checkbox and that is not what I want.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Matt
braman1

Re: Dual monitor support

Postby Karlis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 pm

The easiest way would be to open sample project and simply replace the BMW logo with your own. Observe that this project uses only one transition effect - "fade to black".

I do not, however, understand why would you want one of the monitors to be black. Having some image on both of them kind of makes sense.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby braman1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Karlis -

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I did not explain it clearly. I want one logo to display on both monitors not two logos. It seems the program see both monitors separately so a logo is placed on each monitor "fading to black" at random intervals. What I'm looking for is the program to SEE the two monitors as ONE montior and the ONE logo would float around the two monitors. Make sense?

Thanks,

Matt
braman1

Postby peleus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Not sure about this but I think this feature is still being considered. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5653
PHP newbie Image
peleus

Return to Screensaver Factory Support