changing icon

Post your questions and problem reports here

changing icon

Postby desertdawn » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Was I able to change the icon of my .scr because I made the icon 48x48? or because I put the icon in the /clipart/icons directory? I wasn't able to change my .scr icon when it was 64x64 & in a different directory. Then, to my surprise the icon was changed automatically, does this mean I can only have one icon for my screensavers? Do I have to save them in one directory, then move them into the windows directory or system32 to get different icons. What does that do about the scrsvr being automatically put into scrsvr settings. Now, I look & my scrsvr has disappeared from settings, just because I changed the icon? Forgive my many Q.s, I just made my first scrsvr & finally was able to change the icon.

Thank you
desertdawn
desertdawn

Re: changing icon

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 am

It doesn't matter which directory the icon is in or how big it is, as long as it is a valid icon. The icon is embedded inside the screensaver, so there's no difference where it comes from. What probably happened is that Windows Explorer cached the old icon, which is why the icon appeared to change automatically later.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby mithcd » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi. "What probably happened is that Windows Explorer cached the old icon, which is why the icon appeared to change automatically later." Will restarting resolve this? I mean, how do we possibly delete the cache?
When in doubt, use Brute Force Image
mithcd

Postby Aivars » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:58 pm

It will refresh after a while and yes, restarting Windows does it, too.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support