SF6 Pro could not create screen saver file

Post your questions and problem reports here

SF6 Pro could not create screen saver file

Postby smoluh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:06 am

Hi there,

I just purchased a few licences, installed SF6 pro on my computer and trying to make an .scr using Easy Wizards- Create Picture Screensaver.
I'm adding 10 jpg files (each ~2MB) from a folder on my desktop.. then choosing 'Create and install on this computer', clicking Finish, then saving on either my desktop or inside the same folder when the photos r sitting, clicking Save and... getting the error below:

Screensaver Factory 6 Professional could not create screen saver file.
Make sure the Display Properties window is not open

would someone please advise how can i fixed that?

Thanks, Matt
smoluh

Re: SF6 Pro could not create screen saver file

Postby Aivars » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 pm

This error appears when Screensaver Factory cannot write to output file for some reason. Most common causes - Display Properties window is open and blocking the file you're trying to overwrite, attempting to write to a folder that Screensaver Factory can't write to, anti-virus blocking write to screensaver (.scr) files...

There might be some other reason such as issue with project or images but that's very unlikely. I can take a look if you send me the Screensaver Factory Complete Project file. You can obtain this file via menu File -> Save Project As -> change file type to Screensaver Factory Project Complete (*.sfpc).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support