Screen Saver Settings

Post your questions and problem reports here

Screen Saver Settings

Postby vvillanueva » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:13 am

Hello,

I use a third party patch installer that has a feature to deploy custom patches/programs and I was using that to install the .exe file on multiple computers on my network silently. Well it seems that even when using the -silent switch/parameter when installing the executable it alerts the user that there is a message they need to view and it shows the "Screen Saver Settings" and basically wants them to click "OK" and then return back to the desktop. I have tried using the -suppressmsgboxes switch/parameter but it seems that it doesn't install at all then.

So I am seeing if there is something that I am missing so I can completely install this silently without the user needing to click on anything

Thanks,
vvillanueva

Re: Screen Saver Settings

Postby Aivars » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 pm

The problem is that Windows screensaver installation mechanism requires this final manual user confirmation. The only way around it would be to use undocumented ways for installing screensavers but that could be unsafe. If your 3rd party installer can write registry and you're willing to risk it, let me know and I'll explain how.

I'm assuming -suppressmsgboxes is for the 3rd aprty installer. If so, I assume it cancels the message boxes but the final configuration box that is displayed by Windows requires OK.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support