Broken on Windows 10- won't work at all

Post your questions and problem reports here

Broken on Windows 10- won't work at all

Postby organics » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:32 pm

When I try to open Screensaver Factory 6 I get an error box with a red circle with an X in it. The test says "Access violation at address 043BE9AF. Read of address 02B6D370." Then when I click OK it opens up the free version.

When I click File (to see if there is somewhere I can re-enter my License Key 12 more boxes suddenly open with the text "Access violation at address 04ACF503. Read of address 0000011B." When I press OK on all of those and try to click New Project or any other functions nothing happens- actually it crashes with blue circle. At this point I open Task Manager and it says Not Responding, so I force quit.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit. I updated to Windows 10 after last using it on Windows 8 (I think).

I tried restarting computer. I also tried uninstalling, downloading from your website and re-installing. But the problem persists.

Please advise.
organics

Re: Broken on Windows 10- won't work at all

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:57 pm

You need to install version 6.10. Click Help -> About to find out whether you have the correct version. If you have the correct version and it still does not work, please PM me or contact our support team (http://www.blumentals.net/scrfactory/su ... ontact.php) and send your license key so that I can see if there is any problem with it. I have exactly the same situation: Windows 10 (64bit) upgraded from Windows 8 and everything works, so it's not a general Screensaver Factory on Windows 10 problem.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support