Error loading image

Post your questions and problem reports here

Error loading image

Postby jamieon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi all,

I've been loading a video to create an executable screensaver file, however whenever I click 'save' to create the new file I get an 'Error loading image' message followed by the file path, after about 15% progress. The .exe file is created, however doesn't play anything.

Have you any suggestions on how to fix this?

the file I'm trying to build a screensaver from is a 703mb .mov file which I have exported straight from after effects, however I have tested other formats.

I have also tried reinstalling Screensaver Factory with no luck.

Thanks,
Jamie
jamieon

Re: Error loading image

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

If I understand correctly, the error occurs while Screensaver Factory is saving the video to the screensaver.
It could be that Screensaver Factory is unable to read the video file (corrupted disk, network disk with shaky connection or something like that) or unable to write the file (not enough space in Windows temp folder or the destination folder; some antivirus gets scared that something writes to a screensaver file and blocks it). During this phase the video format is not important at all because the video gets copied to screensaver as is.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby jamieon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks, I've managed to get this working now by reducing the file size! However, The screensaver looks different. Have you any optimal settings for the video which I should use?
jamieon

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Sorry, encoding videos is art on its own and I don't have any significant experience in this area.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby jamieon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Ok thank you.
jamieon

Return to Screensaver Factory Support