How about RSS support?

General posts about www.blumentals.net website

How about RSS support?

Postby SimonWpt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:05 am

Hi,

could you implement a rss-feed for your forum?

Thank you!

Simon
SimonWpt

Postby chrisjlocke » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:23 pm

This would only show the last x number of posts. Would it really be that useful? The forum software doesn't automatically generate RSS feeds, but it would be possible to use a script that pulled the last x number of posts from a designated forum, or the last x number of posts as a whole.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Re: How about RSS support?

Postby gwmbox » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Wow I am dragging this post out from the archives....

I was looking for the same, mainly for the Announcements board (for WB) so that when and if any announcements come about, I am notified via my daily read RSS feed Reader.

Actually I thought phpBB had this facility already - might be an add-on but either way would be a handy add-on.

While I'd like to visit every day/week/month my eyes can only view so many sites per day/week/month :P

So anyway sorry to drag this request out again - but if something can be done for the announcement boards at least it would be good.

EDIT: Another option could be a subscription option to a specific board and we are notified by email of any new threads/posts in that board... might be a way to get around the RSS issue ... not that I thought there is one... :)

EDIT: Lots of options here - http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... yndication

Cheers
gwmbox

Postby Karlis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:25 am

Any idea which is the most simple and best for phpBB 3? Any experience anyone?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby gwmbox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 am

Not really sure but it might be worth asking the phpBB admins as they appear to have it working on their forums, so I guess they have it tested for compatibility :).

Cheers
gwmbox

Postby syrupcore » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:05 am

pretty incredible that phpbb doesn't have it out of the box. almost silly in 2009.

What if you just subscribe to the newsletter?

You might also try: http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006 ... _a_rss.htm

of course, Karlis could just use twitter like the rest of us and let us know that way. :) You can subscribe to someone's twitter feed via RSS (no need to be a user or visit the page) so it would serve the same purpose.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to Blumentals Software Website