Ask Toolbar

Post your questions and problem reports here

Ask Toolbar

Postby bigaldoc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm

New kid on this block, so I hope this isn't too inflammatory a question.

On July 28 I purchased and installed Screensaver Wonder. I made a few tests and was satisfied, so I went on with my day.

I normally use Firefox for my browser but the next morning I had occasion to fire up IE8 and the ASK TOOLBAR was present where it had not been up until that time. I don't like a myriad of toolbars, so I quickly proceeded to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller.

At that time, I saw that it had been installed on July 28, the only other entry on that day, besides the Screensaver Wonder. I wrote an email to support and yesterday got a reply that had absolutely nothing to do with my question.

Does anyone here in this forum know if Blumenthals gives "ride along" of Ask Toolbar with their software, otherwise I'm at a loss to know where it came from?

Thanks for listening...
bigaldoc

Re: Ask Toolbar

Postby flogger123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi buddy. From my experience, no. But ask i see Ask toolbar to ride along in most softwares.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
flogger123

Re: Ask Toolbar

Postby Aivars » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 am

No, we have never bundled Ask Toolbar with our software. The only way this could have happened with Screensaver Wonder is if you downloaded it from some shady site that added the toolbar to our installation.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Wonder Support