Images in HTML Files not Loading

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Images in HTML Files not Loading

Postby milesc3 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:07 am

I just upgraded to Web Builder 2008. I have been using Blumentals products for about 3-4 years now. My issue is that I opened several HTML files that I built in Web Builder 2007 and when I switch to preview using the internal viewer some of my images don't load and there's a message at the bottom of the page saying initially (4 Items remaining) downloading picture file then the name of the file. I then switched to the Code Editor view and then back to Preview and I get the message (49 Items remaining) downloading picture file then the name of the file. I have the same issue with a file I created using Web Builder 2009. I am running this in Vista 64 Ultimate. I am a Computer Products reviewer and rely heavily on this piece of software as I do all my writing and editing using it. This is the first major problem I've had with any of Blumentals products and I'm hoping there's a simple fix.
milesc3

Re: Images in HTML Files not Loading

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Are the files stored locally, on a remote server, or on the Internet?
Does it do it to all .htm/l files?
Does it do it all the time?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby milesc3 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:05 am

The files are stored locally on my computer and still appear to work fine with 2007. It is only a few of the files that I'm having trouble with, these are files that have in excess of 50 images in them but again they work fine on 2007. The one file I created on 2008 is not giving me any issues today. I should also note that the files share a mix of .png and .jpg images. I tried to attach jpeg images of what I'm seeing but received and error from the forum when trying to do so. All of my files are the latest strict XHTML with CSS 2.0.
milesc3

Postby milesc3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 am

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this?
milesc3

Postby MikeyB » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:55 am

One thought.

While in preview, right-click on one of the missing images, and select properties,
What does it say for the address?

Does this match what you'd expect to see?
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby milesc3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 pm

Yeah the properties are identical to those that load...there's not even a blank framed window for those that don't load.
milesc3

Postby Karlis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm

There is absolutely no difference in the area of preview between version 2007 and 2008. It must be the code.

Try using Tools -> Preview (or F2) to preview your files in the actual web browser and see if this leads to something.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support