When I create my scr file from the swf, it becomes smaller

Post your questions and problem reports here

When I create my scr file from the swf, it becomes smaller

Postby Horgycat » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Has anyone else encountered this problem. I created a swf file with multiple frames to be made into a screensaver with Screensaver Factory 4 Standard, v. 4.8. Everything was fine the first time around and I was able to publish it and try it out and send it to the client for approval. Then I made a couple of text changes to the swf file and decided to start over with the scr file creation as I wanted to be sure I had the right file. So I created a new file and in the info section checked the option that the file should resize to fit anyone's screen (which is what I did the first time around). Lo and behold this time though, when I tested the file, it was half the size on my screen! I cannot understand it. I republished my swf file and when I look at that online, it is fine, just the right size. It's when I try to create the scr file and/or the executable file, that it becomes half the size. This is so frustrating. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Pam
Horgycat

Re: When I create my scr file from the swf, it becomes smaller

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:30 pm

I have responded privately to your e-mail.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mandrus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:15 pm

I have the same problem, not matter what swf I choose, I always get banners, presumably from the background settings. Is the a way to disable this so that the swf can be a full screen size?

Thanks
mandrus

Postby jpdorrian » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi got the same problem can anyone help me out?
jpdorrian

Postby Karlis » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:23 am

This does not happen for all SWF files. This is often because swf is not created in a tidy fashion and there are larger background elements that go outside of the viewable area. Yes, web browsers are capable to go around this, but not screensavers. There should be no Flash objects overlapping the viewable area of the Flash scene. E.g. if you need half a circle visible, drawing a circle in Flash that extends beyond the border of the scene is not recommended.

The easiest way to *diagnose* the problem is to select some bright screensaver background, e.g. red or yellow; then select your Flash item, click Properties and on the Flash tab select "Resize to fit screen". This will let you see what is going on.

Another thing to note is that often you can work around this without changing your SWF but choosing "Stretch to fit screen" instead.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support