mixing flash and JPG - keeps looping in flash

Post your questions and problem reports here

mixing flash and JPG - keeps looping in flash

Postby guest » Fri May 20, 2005 3:56 pm

Hi There. Nice software, using unreg. version at the moment but will ofcourse registrate when the client approves concept.
My problem: I cant seem to have a mix of jpg and swf. It seems to stay looping. I know I can set "play animation" but its not accurate enough. Am I missing something?

Postby Karlis » Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Select your flash item, click Properties and under Flash tab make sure that Leave animation playing is NOT selected.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

mixing flash and JPG

Postby guest » Mon May 23, 2005 12:05 pm

Well, done that. If only....;-)
In my test I have a flash-ani(.swf) and then 2 photos (jpg)
They only way I can get the flashani to break out of the loop is to enter a "stop"-action in the last frame of the flashani. But I get a black blink before the transition (crossfade) to the first photo. And I dont get a transition from the last photo looping back to the flashani in the start. (the flashani is all white and background in SF3 also)
I know I could put everything into the flashani but actually it seems that SF3 gives a better imagequality when stretching photos to fit screensize.

I know it might be a newbie thing so thanx in advance for any ideas

Postby Karlis » Mon May 23, 2005 12:21 pm

Transitions are only available between images and do not apply to flash and video.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby guest » Tue May 24, 2005 10:24 am

OK i've made a workaround. No transition between flash and jpg, - check! :wink:
But I still got the problem with a black blink/flicker in the switch from flashani to jpg
I have: jpg, jpg, jpg, jpg, flash, jpg... The background in SF3 is all white, the background in flash is white and I even have a white image filling the scene. I put in a "stop" action in the last frame in the flashani to break out of the loop (only way, it seems) and it stop ok and moves on to the next jpg (without crossfade-transition,- it's ok) but with one short black blink/flicker. If I make the flashani smaller than the screen and set it to "Do not change size" it's only the area used but the flashani that blinks.
So basically I still have trouble mixng flash and jpg's.
I'm on Windows XP, Flash MX (6) nice new monitor and graphicscard so that should be ok.

Any ideas?

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:16 pm

This is due to technical specifics of Flash player component. The solution would be to include all of the images in one single flash and to create transitions using flash capabilities.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support