Screen Svr Flickers when going from JPG to SWF

Post your questions and problem reports here

Screen Svr Flickers when going from JPG to SWF

Postby reggfx » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Well i had this really cool idea but have run into a rather annoying snag.
I have a situation where i need my JPG file which is the same size as my SWF file to follow each other in my slide cue.

THE ISSUE :( ... my Screen Saver flashes up or flickers a "BLACK" screen in between the JPG and SWF slides that are exactly the same size.

If you tryit yourself, you'll see what i mean. Just make sure you're not using any transitions.

What is a good work-a-round for this? I have to use JPG then SWF in this situation. I even tried converting the JPG to a SWF but that produced unsatisfactory results.

Please advise As soon as possible.
Thanks
reggfx

Re: Screen Svr Flickers when going from JPG to SWF

Postby reggfx » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:50 am

I'm still conducting tests to try to find a work around... nothing is working ......but it appears that there is some kind of (perhaps a bug?) Issue with having 1 slide as jpg and then the following slide as a swf. You get a Flicker or a blank background screen for about 1 second. Its enough to bust up the smoothness when transistioning to the next slide.

This is one of those situations where i must have a smooth transition from the JPG Slide to the SWF slide with no flicker. Interestingly i have both slides set to exactly the same size.
My swf plays through smoothly... but the screen has that annoying flicker after the previous JPG slide.

I'm very curious if anyone else is able to reproduce this. Just take a simple 640x480 jpg image and follow it up with a 640x480 SWF file or short animation and you'll see a 1 second blank screen flicker.... It also appears that you cannot have SWF animation follow another SWF animation file without getting that same 1 second background flicker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please advise soon as possible... must fix this or discover a work-a-round.
reggfx

Re: Screen Svr Flickers when going from JPG to SWF

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 pm

In your case it would be best to create screensaver from one solid SWF file, so integrating JPG file in the SWF file should be a solution.

The flicker is unavoidable due to the way how flash activeX control works, though under normal circumstances it should be much less than 1 second, probably ~0.2 sec.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support