A very good Javascript Editor would be a big plus

Here you can share ideas about new products that Blumentals Software could create

A very good Javascript Editor would be a big plus

Postby robertdesko » Thu May 28, 2009 5:01 pm

A good Javascript Editor would be a big plus in our arsenal of code editors. I have only been able to locate three of them. Javascript Plus out of Chile in South America, 1st Javascript Editor, and Antechinus Javascript Editor V10 from Australia.

I did license the Antechinus Javascript Editor but quickly got rid of it due to personal reasons. I just got rid of the trial version of the Javascript Plus which appears to be missing some basic important features which the Help File says are there.

I did already examine the trial 1st Javascript Editor and was excited about licensing it except for the problem in trying to make out and read without having to use my magnifying glass the tool bar buttons and menu tab items. I am visually impaired. When I receive an email back from the developers of this program, I will probably license it even though I will be squinting and looking though a magnifying glass most of the time in working with this program.

I personally think that a really good Javascript Editor that is well laid out in design and loaded with a lot of tutorials and tools would be a good "New Product Idea".
robertdesko

Re: A very good Javascript Editor would be a big plus

Postby Karlis » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 am

We do plan to release such product and you will also find improved JS features in the next version of WeBuilder/Rapid PHP. There will be JavaScript formatter, syntax check with JSLint, heavy JS auto-complete support and improved JS code explorer. Then with the time we plan to evolve JS editing features according to suggestions form our users.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: A very good Javascript Editor would be a big plus

Postby robertdesko » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:53 am

Wow. Thank you so much for doing all this super work for us!

I will be there using it all.

Sincerely,

Robert Desko
robertdesko

Return to New Product Ideas