Seamless video loop problem.

Post your questions and problem reports here

Seamless video loop problem.

Postby joejoe » Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm very dissapointed to see that you actually have no rush, urgency at all in fixing your video loop back "blip/skip" issue...I've tried many other screensaver making software out there, NONE have this problem except yours, and yours in my opinion is the best looking one due to how you don't display your brand all over the setup files or screensaver properties, which is very annoying that other companies do that even after you pay for the software.

The issue here is, i've read your fourms and it seems you're well aware of this skip problem in looping videos, where looping is not smooth and it actually stops for half a second then goes, causing anyone who uses loop video to really not want to use this software.

I would appreicate if you would quickly fix this issue, add a patch maybe for the trial version or something so this problem is fixed fast. This is a pretty big deal considering 90% of screensaver makers will use loop videos for their work and currently this is just not doable with your software.

Also, why is the RSS feature only useful for pictures? Other software allows RSS on videos too.

In short, will this loop issue be fixed soon? or should I not bother buying the full version of Enterprise.
joejoe

Re: Why I won't buy your screensaver software...

Postby Gatis » Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 pm

We are aware of this issue and we know our customers want this to be fixed.
If it was an easy thing to do, we would do it. Unfortunately it is not. We are still looking for solutions.
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby joejoe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:38 am

Your audio does the same thing...it does not loop smoothly it cuts out and starts again...
Why not use windows or winamp engines that can loop both audio and video smoothly instead of whatever you use to loop your video/audio? Clearly it does not work...

Any ETA on if this is going to be fixed soon? I'm in need of software and i'm sure many others also wish these 2 things fixed.
joejoe

Postby Karlis » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:51 pm

This has ben put off due to fact that very few of our customers actually use SF to create screensavers from video-loops. We are actually using means provided by Windows (Windows MCI) to play videos as it is most compatible acrosss all systems, however we are considering to switch to another system.

While we are cracking this problem, a workaround exists - you can convert your video to SWF (Flash) and create screensaver from that.

It is dificult to provide any timeframes, but this is our main focus for the nearest updates.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby joejoe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:43 am

Karlis wrote:This has ben put off due to fact that very few of our customers actually use SF to create screensavers from video-loops. We are actually using means provided by Windows (Windows MCI) to play videos as it is most compatible acrosss all systems, however we are considering to switch to another system.

While we are cracking this problem, a workaround exists - you can convert your video to SWF (Flash) and create screensaver from that.

It is dificult to provide any timeframes, but this is our main focus for the nearest updates.

Please show me a SWF that can convert my .wmv or .avi's to .swf and keep the exact same quality without pixelation happening during videos run time?? You can't...so you're telling me most people will simply put out a lower quality product and ignore their HD quality videos to make them SWF?? I've yet to see ONE swf converter that keeps 100% quality...show me one that you recommend or the one your current customers use.

Axialis screensaver maker software uses whatever engine that does not at all stop and start the videos when looped, it's 100% smooth video, so what engine are they using to do this? Why not take a look for yourself? The issue with their software is that they're way too ignorant and MUST blaster their stupid company name on your work, your screensaver's info/properties, everything, even installation setup has "made by axialis" they're totally ignorant as to how a business is run. Imagine if Adobe put "made by photoshop" on all your work lol...Axialis has a good software, totally IDIOTIC methods on selling their software.

You guys provide a better software due to the fact that once I hit "make screensaver" the work is MINE and you do not need to put "made by bluementals" all over my work, however, due to the loop issue, i'm still waiting :\

The issue as I said also happens during your audio looping, not just video...

But please do show me a swf converter that won't lower my videos HD quality and how do you considering a work around music loops? Thank you.
joejoe

Postby Karlis » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I mentioned the SWF workaround because not everybody needs HD quality and it is the best from what is currently possible and works for at least some users.

As I said before, we are searching for ways to remove the looping video "blip" issue. And we will do our best to correct it even if it means to rewrite a lot of code and spend a lot of time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby joejoe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:45 pm

You realize your "music" loop does the exact same thing right?

So as of now both your video AND audio both blip in loop mode...now with video as you stated you can go to .swf and make the loop work till a fix is done however the audio there's NO audio format you can go so it does not blip/pause when you set it to loop...or you have a method to work around that too?

i've tried .mp3 .wav neither loop correctly....

I would say these 2 flaws are HUGE and part of every screensaver maker *to be able to LOOP audio and video easily and smoothly* and you really should rewrite the engine or something but fix this please...are you guys even working on a fix, coming up with any new ideas or just waiting? Because it sure won't fix itself if we just sit here for a month now saying "if this if that..." there are no "if's" bud, this is a fact of your software flaws and something you have to fix or at least keep us updated on what the current stats on it is?

Thank you for your time.
joejoe

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:20 am

Usually people use songs in screen savers and mostly songs end in silence, so the transition is not a problem for most users as one song ends and another composition begins.

And yes, we are working to correct it (currently various solutions are being explored and evaluated), but it may take not one but several months. Remember, we have a staff of 3 developers and we maintain lots of titles and there are many challenges to be solved, so it takes time to get all users satisfied. As you may have noticed a few weeks ago an update was released where some other problems were fixed, so undoubtedly the development is moving forward.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby joejoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 pm

I appreciate your response,

But keep in mind that many of us will use music loops to go with our screensavers and some might be a short 30 second loop that "sounds" endless *it saves on the size of the screensaver* so the theory on "everyone's music ends with silence" is not really true. While you fix the very obvious *big* issue of the video not looping correctly and forcing you to go to .swf and lower the quality of your product, you can also at the same time do something about the loop issue in music so it too does not blip or bump during loops, that would be greatly appreciated.

I believe another cool feature to add would be music channels where I can have multiple "layers" of music playing at the same time and all looping and then allow the user to turn off layers of the music/sound effects etc *give us the option to name our layers* that would be a cool idea!

See my suggestions and the music/audio loop fixes *if you do them* will simply make your product that much better than the competition! You will generate more revenue from it, keep in mind that so far, screensaver software wise, there are not many that can compete. Axialis is the only one that could attempt to but their software is TERRIBLE! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! They fill your screensaver with "made by axialis" all over it, all over the setup, all over the settings, everywhere! Imagine if photoshop put "made by photoshop" all over your work...that's how TERRIBLE axialis is. Axialis IS TERRIBLE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

So, in my opinion, if you focus your energy on this software, where you are pretty much the only real software that is still updated and maintained you will generate a huge income and profit more *maybe you can then hire more programmers ;)*

I really hope you do put this on the high priority list over the other software and do fix these 2 issues and maybe add some of the features I mention, but ofcourse the fixes are more important than the features i bring up...I much rather have smooth video loops and smooth music loops than blip/pause videos and music loops.
joejoe

Postby Karlis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:50 pm

I DO agree with you.

So to keep you updated, I will honestly say that we are currently spending our time with issues in Easy GIF Animator the release of which is delayed (challenges of similar caliber there too), once we get it done and released, we shall get our hands dirty with updating SF.

If any Delphi developer here - ideas about replacement for Delphi's media player are welcome. I think we could try Windows Media player activex, but there could be problems on PCs with no MP installed or where MP is corrupted.

I'll keep you updated.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 pm

So I tested Axialis, ScreensaverMaker, Grafxsaver and a couple of others and none of them displayed my test video smoothly. Probably the problem was in my video.

If you could be so kind and send a link to a video-loop-sequence that does work without a blip in other screensaver development systems but does not work in Screensaver Factory, it could help.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support