CGI / FastCGI has stopped working

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

CGI / FastCGI has stopped working

Postby rockwelsh » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello,

I have used WeBuilder CSS everyday for the past year to work with css style sheets and to view my php website pages. It works great and has been one of my best loved and needed programs that I use to create websites with.

Recently my computer needed to be restored after a crash. I re-installed all my software onto the computer and webuilder works to open my php pages just fine if I first open the folder on my computer where they are stored and click on a page file to open it in webuilder. But if I try to open a php page from within the webuilder program it gives this message CGI / FastCGI has stopped working.

I put exacted the php-5.2.11-Win32 files into my windows folder. I also downloaded the XAMMP zip file and installed it's contents from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html. I installed it and set up the preferences for script preview to C:\xampp\htdocs and C:\Windows\php-cgi.exe port 80. PHP options path to php C:\Windows\php-cgi.exe . Local mapping path is C:\localhost\ and web server path http://localhost/ .

Is there something else I should do to make it work again?

Thank you in advance,

Cindy
rockwelsh

Re: CGI / FastCGI has stopped working

Postby Karlis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:00 pm

CGI / FastCGI has stopped working means that due to a bug in PHP, it crashed. It must have worked before because you had another PHP version then.

Solution would be to install the PHP package that is available for download from our website:
http://www.blumentals.net/download/php.php

It is well-tested and stable. You must also choose whether you use XAMPP with its own PHP or built-in web server with the mentioned PHP package.

Also this sounds wrong:
I put exacted the php-5.2.11-Win32 files into my windows folder.

Why put the files in your Windows folder? It may cause php.ini conflicts.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: CGI / FastCGI has stopped working

Postby rockwelsh » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:47 pm

OK thank you for your help with this fast cgi stopped error message. I figured out the problem. I had a php ini file inside the same folder as the pages that I was trying to open. I use the php.ini to set higher limits on maximum file upload size on the remote host. It was causing problems with the Webuilder when I tried to open any of my website pages saved as php files. I took the php.ini file out of the folder and now it works fine. Sorry my fault. I would'nt have figured it out without your mention not to put the php files in the windows folder as it may cause conflicts. Thank you so much for your help. Webuilder is an awesome product!
rockwelsh

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support