Windows Error on Exit

Post your questions and problem reports here

Windows Error on Exit

Postby rguthrie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello,

I have created a screensaver that uses an RSS feed, which works properly. However, if I move the mouse once the RSS has begun, then I get the following error (from event log):

Faulting application ca_scree.scr, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ca_scree.scr, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00003ad6.

Any ideas how to fix this?
rguthrie

Re: Windows Error on Exit

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm

You must find out which part or feature causes the problem. This can be done either by removing features or starting with a basic screensaver and adding features. E.g. start with simple picture screensavers, then add RSS then add whatever else you need and see at which point does the problem begin.

Then get back with complete report that also includes Windows version, description of circumstances, links to files and anything else that may help. At the present moment there are no known bugs of this kind.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby rguthrie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Karlis,

I removed the RSS feed and the error went away. This is using a Windows XP Professional SP 3 laptop. The error occurs anytime that the RSS becomes active on the screen.
rguthrie

Postby rguthrie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello,

I tried uninstalling the unlocked tiral version and reinstalling the full version of Screensaver Factory. I also have tried creating a new project. And I still get a Windows error that states, "test.scr has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Also, before that now an additional popup dialog box shows the following:

Access violation at address 004001FBB in module 'test.scr.' Read of address 002E20108.

Thanks
rguthrie

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

So can you confirm that the problem happens only if you use RSS. If so, what RSS do you use? I can not reproduce the problem on any of our systems, also no reports from other users. Could it be related to your computer somehow? Can you try on another PC?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby rguthrie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Here are the two different RSS feeds I used:

http://www.ddifrontline.com/rss/pr08XML.xml
http://feeds.ca.com/CaSecurityAdvisorNe ... rabilities

I'm also getting an xml update from http://ddifrontline.com/scr_updates/update.xml

I have tried this screensaver on a 2 other computers and recieve the same error message.
rguthrie

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Please see the other post. There indeed seems to be a problem, but it happens only:
1) If RSS and auto updates are both turned on simoultaneously.
2) Only once - the first time screensaver is run by user (remember, if you create screensaver or preview it from screensaver factory, every time counts as the first time because everything is reset every time).
3) Sometimes does not happen.

The workaround is to use either RSS or auto Updates but not both features at a time and wait for the update or fix when it becomes available.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:02 am

We have published an update to Enterprise version, the problem should be fixed now (only Enterprise version has Auto Updates feature).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support