iNet protector not enforcing the schedule I set up

Post your questions and problem reports here

iNet protector not enforcing the schedule I set up

Postby Njayjay » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:03 am

Hi, I've finally got my program working by unticking all the options indicated. However now when I click disable internet, my internet stops working even though it is 12am which is within my allowed times. What can be going wrong here? My sole purpose for using the program is to restrict my internet use during the day so I hope theres a way to fix this! thanks in advance
Njayjay

Re: iNet protector not enforcing the schedule I set up

Postby Karlis » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Most likely it is not set up correctly. Possible errors:
1) you may have allowed access in the schedule, but have also enabled daily quotas - make sure daily quotas are not enabled for any user
2) you may have set up schedule for another login name - make sure you set up the general schedule and have not enabled "Individual User Account Schedules..."
3) make sure your computer clock is correct
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Njayjay » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Ok, I set up a schedule for my specific account and it worked. However now I added MSN messenger to the allowed programs, and now the internet disabler is not working at all and I am able to browse websites as I please. How can I make the program work properly when using exceptions? Thanks in advance
Njayjay

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:33 pm

What happens if you do not add MSN Messenger to the allowed list?

You should make sure that you haven't accidentally allowed web browsing or TCP/IP port 80 under allowed services.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Njayjay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:19 pm

The responses are useless. I've already gone thru the checklist. Whenever I open a new browser window using google chrome, I can browse the web as normal. Using internet explorer, it is not even blocking anything.

Right now I am posting this message with my web browsing supposedly disabled.

The program is definitely NOT working as it should.
Njayjay

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 am

We have tested it on many computers also hundreds of other users are using it without a problem, so I believe that the problem might lay in your particular system (as it is not working for you only).

Also you did not answer my question - What happens if you do not add MSN Messenger to the allowed list? You said that everything was working until you added MSN Messenger tot he list of allowed programs. Adding any one program to the allowed list should not cause any disruption in the operation of the software.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Njayjay » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 pm

It's not working with MSN messenger not added either. I've tried all the suggested configurations, but when I open a new browser window, I can surf the net as usual.
Njayjay

Postby Karlis » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Hm, but you told that previously it worked? Let's get back to the beginning:

1) Make sure *nothing* is checked or entered under Allowed Services, Allowed Sites, Allowed IPs.
2) Make sure that under Blocked Sites the checkbox "Block websites listed here" is unchecked.

Click Disable - Does it work now? If not, go on:

3) Click Schedule -> Individual User Account schedules and make sure all tabs are unchecked (no individual schedule is set up)

Try to disable. Does it work now when there is nothing in any allowed list and that there are no individual schedules set up?

If so, we can proceed to adding or turning on allowed items one by one, after each change testing whether the disable works.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support