Auto Update Bug ?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Auto Update Bug ?

Postby robertk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:41 pm

I want to change picture sets completly, but havn't found a way yet...

Sample 1:
    First picture item used as Splash screen
    5 animal pictures added directly using the Media menu.
    Auto Updates enabled to add 5 plants pictures AND to delete the 5 animal pictures
    Item order: Shuffle

Result: the 5 animal pics and the 5 plant pics always mixed up during the Screensaver runs
    (IMHO because the 5 animal pictures are "hard coded" into the Screensaver File?)

Sample 2:
    First picture item used as Splash screen
    No further pics added directly (using the Media menu).
    Auto Updates enabled to add 5 plants pictures
    Item order: Shuffle

Result: Computer freezes after displaying the first pic (splash screen)

Is there any way to use a splash screen picture AND to change complete picture sets using the Auto update feature?

Please have a look into it.
Thanks a lot!

Regards
--
Robert

Screensaver Factory V5.2
Multi Monitor Support enabled
Last edited by robertk on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
robertk

Re: Auto Update Bug ?

Postby Gatis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

We have not received similar complaints so far.
I have just tested this with a sample screensaver with two images added (one of them as splash image) and then two additional images are being loaded n an update. All works just fine.
It might be an issue of your internet connection or something similar. Are you sure your xml file is correct?
If nothing works out, contact us at our support email address and give an download location of your screensavers and a location of your xml file for testing purposes.
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby robertk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Gatis,

I've sent an email to your support with all download links needed.

Please have a look into it, this problem is driving me crazy :wink:

Thank you!

Regards
--
Robert
robertk

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 pm

The hardcoded images can not be removed. Also it could be that the time that is given for updates to proceed is too small and it causes scrensaver to fail. Try this:

1) Set longer period of time for splashscreen - e.g. 10 or even 20 seconds, try if it helps.
2) Try having more than one image (e.g. 2) in your original screensaver.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby robertk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:25 am

Karlis wrote:The hardcoded images can not be removed. Also it could be that the time that is given for updates to proceed is too small and it causes scrensaver to fail. Try this:

1) Set longer period of time for splashscreen - e.g. 10 or even 20 seconds, try if it helps.

I've tried waiting 20 seconds, but the screensaver still freezes the computer :(

Karlis wrote:2) Try having more than one image (e.g. 2) in your original screensaver.

This way it's not possible to change picture sets completly... IMHO the only workaround is to use the splash screen twice and show the first picture only once: so the 2nd splash screen picture will be shown during the screensaver again. Not perfect, but maybe you can solve this in the next update?

Maybe another auto update bug:
When using the auto update feature, the installed screensaver shows only the hardcoded pics when it starts first time (Two splash screen pics in my case).
I need to start the screensaver a second time to show the auto updated pictures - There is no difference the time period showing the splash screen pictures.

Starting the screensaver from the Screensaver Factory 5 Enterprise Software (Preview) it never shows the updated pictures, every time the two splash screen pics are shown.

Regards
--
Robert
robertk

Postby Karlis » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

The freeze/crash is a bug that we shall try to fix in the next update. It only happens if auto-updates are turned on and there is only one image set as splashscreen. To work around, add at least two images.

Need to restart the screensaver for updated pictures to load is there by design. Updated version loads after restarting the screensaver (just like you have restart windows or any other software for updates to start working).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support