Is Web Builder Cross Browser Compliant?

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

Is Web Builder Cross Browser Compliant?

Postby edb2010 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 pm

If it is, can someone please tell me how it works or how to activate it?

Thx :)
edb2010
edb2010

Re: Is Web Builder Cross Browser Compliant?

Postby notuo » Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm

What do you mean?

The code you produce with WB is the one to be cross browser "complaint".

The differences in how browsers uses some "features" is up to them and is our job to know that and code for it.
notuo

Postby Audrey » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 am

Well, we don't get it the question you are asking with us. However, you can try to search in online by using some search engine using the google or the yahoo. I think you can found some info that you can use in as reference in your problem about the web builder cross browser.
Audrey

Postby mapleleaf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:40 pm

edb2010 wrote:If it is, can someone please tell me how it works or how to activate it?

Although, I understand what you mean, I do believe that you may be just a little confused particularly when it refers to a term 'Cross Browser Compliant'.

By its very definition
Cross-browser refers to the ability for a website, web application, HTML construct or client-side script to support all the web browsers

notuo wrote:The code you produce with WB is the one to be cross browser "complaint".
The differences in how browsers uses some "features" is up to them and is our job to know that and code for it.

Notuo is quite right in stating that it is the job of the Web designer, developer, engineer to design his/her web site such that it is cross-browser compliant.

Audrey wrote:However, you can try to search in online by using some search engine using the google or the yahoo. I think you can found some info that you can use in as reference in your problem about the web builder cross browser.

Audrey is quite right in pointing out that using SEOs to search for information is the best thing that you can do - the secret is asking the right question.
I often "Googlize" to find information. :D

Personally, I prefer a term 'cross-platform' .

OK, now in your query you stated how to activate this. Let me try to give you some useful steps:

1. firstly, set-up WB such that you have several browsers to test your code albeit html, (x)html, html5
2. once you have your code to the point where you can begin to test then the first thing that I would do is to check the validation of the code.
IMHO, a web designer, developer,engineer must establish that their code is valid against standards of today. If you wish to know more about the topic
validation then visit my web site see the Design section there is an explanation for validation. Now that html5 is virtually around the corner the question
of validation becomes even more mandatory by the very nature that today's browsers support html5.
3. once you have validated your code then proceed checking your code with that of the other browsers you have configured with or in WB. You will most likely
find that there will be some visual differences between them and we know with which the most differences will be seen without my mentioning or identifying
the browser.
4. if you are concerned about 'cross-platform' compatibility then validation is a MUST and try to validate from other independent sources other than the
W3C validator such as Total Validator or even http://html5.validator.nu/ for html5
5. then if you are really interested check for WCAG validation also

I hope this gives you a better insight of what the term 'cross browser' or 'cross platform' compatibility means.

mapleleaf
mapleleaf

Postby daredare » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Press the "Cross Browser Compliant" button, done. :roll:
webuilder 2010 version 10.02 (10.0.2.118) is the best !!
daredare

Postby mahes111 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 am

Hi very nice post....
yes i agreed with your discussion...thanks for giving this exact reasons...
mahes111

Postby FrankC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 am

daredare wrote:Press the "Cross Browser Compliant" button, done.

Thanks! It works! Now all my browsers are cross compliant! :lol:
FrankC

Return to Web Developer Talk