unexpected error with scr factory, scr builder is ok

Post your questions and problem reports here

Postby pixels » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:14 pm

Hello

When I launch scr factory or scr factory pro, I get an "unexpected error". Each time I click on an icon in the left menu panel, I get an "unexpected error" too. Settings can be selected after clicking away the error. The project can be saved.

Clicking the preview, make scr and make exe buttons also produce the same error. After clicking the error away, no preview, no scr, no exe will be done!

Clicking the preview in the background settings dialog works, but clicking the button on the top left to come back produces the unexpected error and I never come back. Must kill the task.

SCR builder works very fine, no problem at all.
Installed under win98.
Please advice.
Thank you.
----------------------------
Tim, http://www.wallpaper4computer.com
pixels

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:40 pm

It is hard to tell what could be the cause of the problem as we were not able to reproduce it. I would appreciate any additional further details.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby pixels » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:53 pm

Which other details would you like please ?

I know it's not easy to imagine what's going on, but there is not a lot more to tell. SCR Builder works fine, but I would really like to use the SCR Factory...

Again what I do:
- I go to the start menu and launch SCR Factory
- The welcome box appears and I click "evaluate"
- A small error box appears saying "Panne inattendue" what means unexpected error or unexpected breakdown.
- I click the ok button of the error box
- the error box disappears and the program comes up
- when I click any one of the icons "media, background, etc", the same error comes up and the page changes to what is expected (eg background page)
- I click the error away and can choose settings (eg for the background)
- the preview, make scr and make exe buttons also produce the same error, but after clicking the error away, no preview, no scr, no exe will be done!
- after a preview I never come back and must kill the task.

Do you need any values of the registry ? tell me...

The error message may be a Windows system error box. The question would be in which cases this error is brought up by windows.

How can I debug it deeper? I fear I would need the source code and the development environment!...

Thank you.
----------------------------
Tim, http://www.wallpaper4computer.com
pixels

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:06 pm

I'm afraid this is something specific to your computer as we are not able to reproduce the problem. What is more, scr builder and screensaver factory are almost identical from the tech point of view.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support