Image before video causes picture tearing.

Post your questions and problem reports here

Image before video causes picture tearing.

Postby MikeD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello, When making a screensaver if I use an image as the first media item in the list and then add a video file as the second media item, on preview or if I create the screensaver the video file has a tear all the way across the bottom of the video, if I remove the image before the video file the video plays fine.
I have tried image files in jpeg, png and Gif in different dimensions and also the same dimension as the video and also tried different video formats WMV, Avi and Mpeg but it still does it, any ideas how to stop this?

I am using Screensaver Factory 5 Enterprise Ver 5.0

Many thanks, MikeD
MikeD

Re: Image before video causes picture tearing.

Postby MikeD » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

I've found that this seems to be an issue with Windows 7, I've installed Screensaver Factory 5 Enterprise Ver 5.0 on another PC running XP and the problem is gone also the screensavers I made on Windows 7 which had the video tearing run fine when installed on XP.
I've no idea what the problem with Windows 7 is as I have the latest graphics driver and other graphic programs, videos and games run fine.
MikeD
MikeD

Postby MikeD » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:59 pm

I have fixed the problem, It seems to be an NVidea diver issue even though I have the latest driver (I have the NVidea 8800GT graphics card) the NVidea drivers come with a control panel and trying some different settings has stopped the video tearing problem, it might just be an issue with my PC but this info might be of use to someone who has similar issues.

MikeD.
MikeD

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for letting us know.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Screensaver Factory Support