Program Protector Version 2.01

Post your questions and problem reports here

Program Protector Version 2.01

Postby NotSatisfiedYet » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:49 am

Just downloaded the eval version of PP v 2.01. Have applied it to several applications I wrote using Visual C# in the .NET Framework. After applying PP v 2.01 whenever I try to run the apps I get an error screen, "The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application." What I am not doing????
NotSatisfiedYet

Postby Karlis » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:50 am

I could not reproduce this yet. It seems that this is something specific to your .NET applications or applications written in C# for .NET. Will take a look.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

"The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000

Postby rstowell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:09 am

I tried the trial of Program Protector and tried to protect one of the custom VB.NET applications I created. I get an error "The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application." This issue can probably be easily duplicated when you create a simple program and compile it and then try to protect that program. I tried it on about 5 of my compiled and executable programs I created and get the same error. As a developer, this is where I'm trying to get at:

I would like to in particular encrypt one of my programs I created (get the error above) and Visual Studio.NET.

No problem encrypting Visual Studio.NET, however someone could easily bypass this by reading the code when opening Notepad, Wordpad, MS Word, etc., so fine, at least nobody can recompile the code. But assuming they could read the code and obtain the private key, they still don't have the program that I would like encrypted, which is an executable program that contains the algorithm. This still doesn't account for the actual encrypted code that is contained in an encrypted database with an encrypted connection string (all different passwords and private keys). The final piece to the puzzle in making this all work and securing my code is being able to encrypt the algorithm program using a 3rd party program protector such as yours (another algorithm and password from a 3rd source). I figure with this last obstacle, I've got myself pretty secure programs. If you can figure this out or correct this bug, I'm a customer.
rstowell

Postby Karlis » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:36 pm

Problem with some .NET applications is a known issue that we are aware of. We are currently working to solve this problem, however it will take some time.

Thanks for your feedback!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Program Protector Support