There is a trojan virus

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

There is a trojan virus

Postby alshidaa » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:37 am

There is a trojan virus that keeps redirecting my page to a different site? I recently had a virus in my computer and I got rid of most of the virus. The only thing that is left now is that there is a trojan that keeps redirecting my google pages to different sites. Please, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this trojan because even through the AVG that I downloaded, it still doesn't find the trojan and my computer is running really slow. Thanks.
Last edited by alshidaa on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
alshidaa

Re: There is a trojan virus

Postby MikeyB » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:14 am

I've moved this out of Screensaver Factory Support as I don't see what it has to do with it. Not strictly web dev talk either but this will do!

First thing I would do is do a web search for the name of the trojan virus you have, often if they are particularly tricky ones there will be a dedicated download or set of instructions to remove it.

If you tell us the name of the virus maybe someone here knows something about it.

Does it only affect you when you're using Google?
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby MaxD » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:57 pm

alshidaa wrote: Please, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this trojan because even through the AVG that I downloaded, it still doesn't find the trojan and my computer is running really slow. Thanks.

Try this: http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.asp
Amateur web design now dabbling with php and jquery
MaxD

Postby wmtipton » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 am

alshidaa wrote:There is a trojan virus that keeps redirecting my page to a different site? I recently had a virus in my computer and I got rid of most of the virus. The only thing that is left now is that there is a trojan that keeps redirecting my google pages to different sites. Please, can anyone tell me how to get rid of this trojan because even through the AVG that I downloaded, it still doesn't find the trojan and my computer is running really slow. Thanks.

Try Avast and run a boot time scan.
I had a nasty virus that a normal scan wasnt detecting but the boot time scan picked up right off.
wmtipton

Return to Web Developer Talk