HEREDOC support / highlighting

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HEREDOC support / highlighting

Postby rickhellewell » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:37 am

Was wondering if there is current support for HEREDOC in Rapid PHP 2010. There are some old messages from 4 years ago about HEREDOC not being support, but nothing recent.

It appears from using the latest version that there are still some highlighting/formatting problems when a HEREDOC 'hunk' has $variables and single or double quote characters.

What is the current status of HEREDOC support? And what plans for HEREDOC?

THanks....Rick..
rickhellewell

Re: HEREDOC support / highlighting

Postby Gatis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi,

Currently you can use a heredoc string literal starting with "EO". At least syntax highlighting should work ok.
I also think the PHP formatting should work ok, even if a heredoc string is inside the document. Doesn't it?

Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Amonza » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:39 am

** BUMP **

Any movement on this?

Given the nature of my current major project I expect to make use of heredoc quite a lot over the next twelve months.
Amonza

Postby Aivars » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Heredoc strings are supported.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars

Postby JBES » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi. I have just installed Rapid PHP to evaluate as an alternative to the deceased PHPDesigner.

Unfortunately HereDOC still isn't supported, or at least if it has been implemented it is severely broken. This is immediately a deal breaker for me and, I am sure, many others.

Highlighting is broken when apostrophes, quotes or escape codes are in the contained text (possibly others too) and because of this it breaks all highlighting thereafter in the rest of the code.

I see from a post on here from 2006 - ten years ago! - that this was present all the way back then. Is this going to be fixed, and anytime soon?

JBES

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:42 pm

HereDoc is supported in all parsers, syntax checkers etc, but you're right, not in syntax highlighter. I'll find out why it hasn't been added thus far and if we can find a way to add it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support