Update: 2011 v11.2.0.122 Beta3 (limited access)

New release and update announcements

Update: 2011 v11.2.0.122 Beta3 (limited access)

Postby Gatis » Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Today we are releasing version 2011 Beta 3.

Beta 3 is available now for all editor editions: WeBuilder; Rapid CSS, HTMLPad and Rapid PHP.

To see what's new in version 2011 click here.

Recent fixes/updates in Beta 1 and Beta 2 (thanks to all who have contributed)
-HTML5 reference now is displayed in your web browser, when F1 is used in HTML files. The old HTML reference is not included in the editor anymore. If you need it, you must copy it from the old installation, and place it in a safe location.
-Some minor translation bugs in German version.
-Fixed access violation/non crashing when using Cursor/Preview Synchronization;
-Better position detection in Cursor/Preview Synchronization;
-Using "Compare with" does not cause crash anymore;
-Framework window looks all-right when magnification > 100% is used;
-Under Project Management feature "In All folders" now works as it should;
-And some other minor improvements;

How can be the Beta version acquired?
The Beta version is available only for registered customers.
To participate in Beta testing you need to contact us via our support website http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php We will provide you with all the details.

How can I contribute when using Beta version?
* It is important that you report any newly introduced bugs via our support website (http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php) mentioning that you are using Beta version.
* Beta possibly will contain bugs and each bug found is a success if you report it to us.
* Please DO report ONLY bugs, errors and obvious misbehaviour (send these to us).
* Please DO NOT report missing features or ask "why my suggestion was not included". The feature list is still open, there are lots of things we are planning to improve later on.

* We have very limited resources and support staff is overloaded already. We will appreciate if you give precise and detailed problem reports, or have anything else important to share.
* If you have any questions about the functionality of the new features, please ask them here, so others can benefit from the replies.

Thank you!

Gatis
Last edited by chrisjlocke on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed to an announcement
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Update: 2011 v11.2.0.122 Beta3 (limited access)

Postby xtom » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 am

Cool, the Cursor/Preview Synchronization seems much more responsive.
xtom

Postby reneuend » Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 am

If I find typos in the help manual or something that's not a bug but might be improved, should I report them? if so, where?
reneuend

Postby Gatis » Fri May 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,

Syntax colour problems when horizontal scrolling is still present.
Yes, actually it seems the same problems were also in version 2010. Maybe now they are more visible. We will look for solution.
Looks like 2010 & 2011 beta must be using the same location for settings, oh dear!
Yes, most settings are stored in registry, which is used by 2011 and older versions.
Code collapse: Does not work with new HTML code, e.g. Header, Nav, Section, Article and Aside
This is not a bug, I guess. I myself tend to agree, at least some of these could be added to the code collapse. I will add this to our to-do list.
Frameworks: How can I add Frameworks? e.g. Codeigniter, would love to get support for this, but there are no docs or anything.
With next update will come Symfony, Yii, Codeigniter. You can ask for more, but no promise these will be added ;)
Tools / Compare with : Just get a blank dialog up, what's this suppose to do? :)
Should not happen. Are you really using Beta 3? What are the steps to reproduce?
File explorer: Sometimes the scroll bar just vanishes, resizing the "File Explorer" brings it back, but it's annoying (Can't post screen shot)
Thanks, will write this down.
If I find typos in the help manual or something that's not a bug but might be improved, should I report them? if so, where?
Please send these to the support: http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php

Kind regards,
Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis

Postby mapleleaf » Mon May 30, 2011 12:33 pm

kon ni chi wa, odenky des ka?

Likewise here with the html5 set as primary. Didn't like the template for the html5 listed and replaced it with one that I made.

html5 makes web pages a 'living document' and such is the case with the support for html5 not only with WB 2011 but the browsers that support html5 which can be easily checked

http://www.html5test.com/

for example: (scores out of 300)

FF 4.0.1 - 240
FF 5.0ß2 - 240
FF 7.0a1 - 240
Google Chrome - 13.0.772.0 - 291

I posted, in this forum, the latest W3C draft (May 27, 2011) for the html5 specs
mapleleaf

Postby Gatis » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi,

After, spending a considerable amount of time(4hrs.) troubleshooting an error, I got somewhat upset as WB2011 should have picked up these errors BUT it didn't. Generally when there is a syntax, typo, with respect to elements(tags) the WB 2011 will pick it up in "red" which it does BUT in this case it did not.
Yes, but this works the same as it did in version 2010. I do not think this can be considered as bug, although I can agree that it would be nice if it worked better.
* Clicking on the app icon occasionally ran the installer instead of starting the app even though it was already installed (only on the Windows 7 machine)
This can not be true. Unless you have the installation file on your computer and some short-cut points to it.
* Often get 'JavaScript error on line 1' bug, even when the file does not have any javascript code in it at all. This has happened on both my PCs.
Thanks, we shall fix this.
* Minor thing, but the About screen copyright date goes to 2010 when I guess it should be 2011.
Thanks, we shall fix this.
* The bundled CSS reference file covers CSS1, looks like it was updated in 1997 - pretty much useless. It should be updated or removed.
Currently we will leave the old reference, but we plan to do something about it in future.
* My default document type is set as HTML5, but if I do 'File New > HTML' it shows me the XHTML template instead.
You can change the default specification under Preferences; Language Options; HTML
* The syntax colour highlighting has been buggy/broken. I notice it particularly a lot in the closing tags of XML files, but present in ASP, PHP and HTML files too.
Yes, this is a known problem. We will try to find a solution.
compression in WBß still retains the terminal ; (ie)
Sorry, I could not reply earlier. But the updated version will come with next update of 2011. It will work as it should.

Kind regards,
Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis

Postby mapleleaf » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:41 am

I am however convinced that 'Pandora's Box' has been opened with WB 2011 and it's claim to support html5.

I am waiting for a tsunami.
mapleleaf

Postby kfury77 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi Gatis - can we expect a Beta4 soon?
kfury77

Postby Gatis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:14 am

Hi kfury77,

As far as I know Karlis plans to publish a Release candidate in nearest time, and then a bit later the official version will be released.

Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis

Postby AlmightyMax » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

where and how to download?
AlmightyMax

Postby chrisjlocke » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

See the first post in this thread...
Gatis wrote:How can be the Beta version acquired?
The Beta version is available only for registered customers.
To participate in Beta testing you need to contact us via our support website http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php
We will provide you with all the details.

:)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Return to Announcements