Update: 2011 v11.0.0.125

New release and update announcements

Update: 2011 v11.0.0.125

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Today we are presenting the latest version of our code editors to general public. While there are a few fixes and touches to be done, we believe that all the major bugs have been sorted out and version 11.0.0.125 is good for everyday use.

Partial list of improvements is available here:
http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/whatsnew.php
http://www.blumentals.net/rapidphp/whatsnew.php
http://www.blumentals.net/htmlpad/whatsnew.php
http://www.blumentals.net/rapidcss/whatsnew.php

A bit more info is available here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5022

Upgrades are available now, customers who are eligible for a free upgrade (those who bought subscription or anybody who ordered previous version from December 2010) can receive their free upgrade by using full version replacement form.

We have been able to implement only a fraction of all suggestions (although it took more than a year) so there is a long road ahead and we will continue updating and improving the product.

Please do not post feature suggestions or bug-reports here, but use appropriate forum sections.
Last edited by chrisjlocke on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed sticky thingy
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2011 v11.0.0.125

Postby kfury77 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 am

Awesome - purchasing my upgrade now. Great work guys!

EDIT: You should let the world know on your Twitter account: http://twitter.com/blumentals
kfury77

Postby MikeyB » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

Hey great news that 2011 is out, but I'm holding off upgrading at the moment as I don't know if I'll get the chance to make much use of it :(

Where I work they are getting rid of all deskop PCs, most people will be using thin clients which are very very limited in what you can do.
But us developers will be using remote desktops for a bit more power, but we won't be able to install our own software, so the (at the moment) only code editors we'll be able to use is Visual Studio and Notepad!
Visual Studio takes so long to load just to edit an HTML file.

But I'm hoping we'll be trusted to get a bit more freedom on what we can do as obviously we are always installing tools and stuff.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 pm

MikeyB wrote:Where I work they are getting rid of all deskop PCs, most people will be using thin clients...

You have my sympathies :) I hope the drop in production will be measured and they will return to normal PCs.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby MikeyB » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 am

Luckily I'm not involved with the project to install the thin clients, but I do know that they are way behind scedule due to lots of problems getting various sowftare to work correctly with them.

As developers we're dreading loosing our PCs to using remote desktops, we're just getting into Visual Studio 2010 big time and it's slow enough to get going on my PC with a 2.66GHz dule core & 4GB RAM!
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 pm

we won't be able to install our own software, so the (at the moment) only code editors we'll be able to use is Visual Studio and Notepad!

It is possible to run WeBuilder without installation. We can solve this one for you.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MikeyB » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 am

Never knew that, I know there's an install to usb option, is it different than that?

It's not so much the installing is a problem itself (the admins would install it) but it needs to be tested on our virtual backend, and as there are a lot of key systems that need to be tested and working first, getting something like WeBuilder tested will be a long way down list.

But it looks like we're a long way off being done anyway, so may upgrade, been trying to use Visual Studio 2010 for general HTML, ASP & JavaScript editing, it has it's good points but there a nice things that WeBuilder does that it doesn't.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Mat-moo - your query regarding framework support is in the support forum. This is where queries should be, not the announcements forum.

Its also possible the issues you raised didn't warrant delaying the release of the 2011 version. Software doesn't have to be 100% complete and bug-free to be released. Its not ideal, but a minor compromise.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

I deleted the last post, it was pure "flame".

Mat-Moo wrote:Was surprised this came out so soon
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5063&start=30#p17620
Still present in non beta version, shows index.php.bak for example in my project file list

Posting bug reports in the wrong forum is the exact reason for this. It is a mess and it is difficult to work.

jpeg are skipped automatically and quick switch to project and back will let you edit everything
framework support is new thus you are welcome to post suggestions where appropriate (not this topic), Gatis will be back from a vacation and he will let you know how Codeigniter works, I'm not sure, the project is too big for me alone :(

Mat-Moo wrote:Feeling a bit bummed out at present, trying to work out what I've gained for this "Upgrade"

Apart from what is under what's new, you also get continuous updates and our attention during the next year and so, rest assured, we will try to improve everything you did not like you mentioned, it just won't happen overnight.

So, please post suggestions, bug reports where appropriate and you are welcome to send critical reports to support directly.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Mat-Moo: I'm not working on editors but I can assure you that your bug reports and suggestions are not lost or ignored - they are in the list. They will be implemented, it's an ongoing process. Things take time, the programmers need a rest to avoid a burn-out, but that doesn't make your suggestions less important - we are thankful for any help in making the products better and we hope you will be happy once these issues are fixed, too.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Announcements