Navbar menu to stretch across top of browser

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Navbar menu to stretch across top of browser

Postby netrover » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi there,

I am looking for support as I can't work out if there is a way to create a full width 100% of broswer menu or navbar that always scales to fit the browser.

Qa) I understand the buttons/elements can't scale but I wondered if there is a way to make the background stretch.

Qb) On a similar note can a menu be fixed to the top and the page still scrolls.

I know the second question is might not be very web standards but I would certainly like to do full width menus.
netrover

Re: Navbar menu to stretch across top of browser

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Yes, it is possible to make menu stretchable, but it will require for you to write code for this. (Menu will still be fixed, but the background would be stretchable) You must place the menu code generated with Easy Button & Menu Maker inside some container (e.g. DIV) that acts according to your requirements. You can copy background from your menu, save it as image and using CSS implement it on your web page.

As for the floating menu - nobody has done this and we have never intended to support it, but probably there is a way. If there is - it would not be the easiest one.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby netrover » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 am

thank you for the reply.

I settled for just a div with a background tile.
netrover

Postby heatvent » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 am

Hi, not an HTML programmer but very interested in the background/spacer stretching across the browser. Can you tell me exactly how you accomplished this if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!
heatvent

Postby harrissteve11 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:33 pm

so you aren't any professional programmer then why would you like to know about it ?
harrissteve11

Postby carlosnava312 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 pm

which browser are you using right now because sometimes its depend on browsers !
carlosnava312

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support