Prospective buyer who can't get video to loop

Post your questions and problem reports here

Prospective buyer who can't get video to loop

Postby Grassrootz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 am

Hello, I would like to start off saying I really like your software. It seems to have everything I am looking for. However I can't seem to make my video loop anymore. I thought (but cant be for certain) that I had it looping but now it's not. I have an 8 second WMV file that I would like to loop along with a separate MP3 file which is longer in duration. I thought I saw an option to make the video loop but either I am going crazy or it was a different program I was testing. Please help. If I can get this one thing resolved I think I am ready to buy.

Thanks.
Grassrootz

Re: Prospective buyer who can't get video to loop

Postby Aivars » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:43 am

Hello, first of all, make sure you're using Screensaver Factory 6, not 5.

1) Add your video to Media
2) Go to Options -> Behavior tab
3) Make sure "Use FFMpeg video playback technology" is checked

That should do it. If it still doesn't work for some reason, please contact us via support system: http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php and we're going to need the video file for testing.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Grassrootz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply still not working though. I'll contact you using the link you provided.
Grassrootz

Postby Grassrootz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Just wanted to post back here my initial problem appeared to be with the video file. As soon as I tried a different file it worked. However, I now have a different problem. I have an 8 second WMV 1080P file that will play and loop but I notice when the file restarts there is some hesitation and I can see the file skip. This does not happen when using a competitor's screensaver program. But I don't want to use their program because I like all of the features that Screensaver Factory provides. Does anyone have any recommendation for me? Is there some trick I don't know about? Do certain video formats play nicer with this program? The reason I am using WMV is because I am trying to keep the file size low but keep a decent looking video. Most other supported file formats are too large.

Thanks in advance!
Grassrootz

Postby markhenry115 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 am

I think WMV video format is one of the best for size wise & may more features !
Mark Henry
markhenry115

Postby Grassrootz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Bought your software recently and I'm mostly happy with everything. I wound up switching to XVID as my codec of choice and that has helped tremendously. However I am noticing there is a slight stutter when the video clip is ending and restarting. This is even though I know the clip should be seamless as I took a portion from the front and moved it to the back so the frames line match up perfectly. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks
Grassrootz

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 am

Could you upload that video and send me the link? I'll check and see if anything can be done.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Grassrootz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Aviars,

I was able to solve my issue by adding 2 extra frames on the tail end of my clip. I'm not sure why I had to do this because it should have matched up perfectly but either way its working now thanks!
Grassrootz

Postby firionicable » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 am

Grassrootz wrote:Aviars,

I was able to solve my issue by adding 2 extra frames on the tail end of my clip. I'm not sure why I had to do this because it should have matched up perfectly but either way its working now thanks!

Luckily, this is a bit the same with what I did that saves me from getting busted on this program.. lol
It should be bludamentals!!!
firionicable

Return to Screensaver Factory Support