Product suggestion

Here you can share ideas about new products that Blumentals Software could create

Product suggestion

Postby mapleleaf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Here is a suggestion for a product.

For years I have been using HTML Guardian from http://www.protware.com which not only does compression of the html and CSS but also encryption of the html, CSS and JavaScript files.

This program is great as you can even encrypt parts of your pages and it has the ability similar to WB to check the encryption with other browser types prior to saving. It will even protect your images on your web site.

Check it out. call it Blumental Guard (cant think of anything else :wink: ) tied together with WB it would be a great pair almost a marriage in heaven so to speak

mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Re: Product suggestion

Postby MikeyB » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 am

Never seen a html/JavaScript encryption that actually really works.
Took me all of 10 seconds to get the html source from the demo page on their site!

The compression may be good in their product (not downloaded to tried it) but the encryption is pretty pointless.

Also just found a big problem, it's impossible to bookmark/favourite the demo encrypted page.
Add it to bookmarks, close browser, click on the bookmark and you'll end up at about:blank
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby mapleleaf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:47 pm

MikeyB wrote:Never seen a html/JavaScript encryption that actually really works.
Took me all of 10 seconds to get the html source from the demo page on their site!

The compression may be good in their product (not downloaded to tried it) but the encryption is pretty pointless.

Also just found a big problem, it's impossible to bookmark/favourite the demo encrypted page.
Add it to bookmarks, close browser, click on the bookmark and you'll end up at about:blank

I suggest that you try it before making un-justified comments.

It does work, encryption does have its points. I 've used it on several occasions particularly section of code as in Pay-Pal.

Kind negative about a program before you really know anything about it. Does being a moderator allow you to do that?

mapleleaf
mapleleaf

Postby MikeyB » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 pm

mapleleaf wrote:I suggest that you try it before making un-justified comments.

It does work, encryption does have its points. I 've used it on several occasions particularly section of code as in Pay-Pal.

Kind negative about a program before you really know anything about it. Does being a moderator allow you to do that?

mapleleaf

I'm just saying that the encryption is pretty much pointless.
I tried the encrypted demo page on their own website, thought that would be the best way to test the encryption as they'd use the correct settings within the software?
And within 10 seconds (not exaggerating here) had the complete HTML source code in front of me:
Encypted source code:

Decrypted source code:

This is the page on their website where they are trying to get you to purchase their product.
If I got round the encryption that quickly, and I'm no hacker/cracker or security expert, then I ain't gonna be buying it.

As for your last comment, these are my own personal views, nothing to do with being a moderator here.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby firionicable » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:18 am

HTML, CSS and Javascript in one? I can't believe it. There is HTML and PHP. That is what I only knows..
It should be bludamentals!!!
firionicable

Return to New Product Ideas