Blurr/Grainy/below quality gifs- Easy Gif Animator

Post your questions and problem reports here

Blurr/Grainy/below quality gifs- Easy Gif Animator

Postby asasymbol » Thu May 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the Blumentals software community. I have purchased Easy Gif Animator, because making GIFs is a hobby of mine!

The animator is very easy to use, very convenient, a lot of great features and everything is wonderful until I save the animation. While I'm editing it, the gif is of PERFET quality, High quality. It looks fantastic. But after I save the file and upload it whether on tumblr, a forum, IMGUR, an image hosting site, anywhere... the quality decreases dramatically. There's random points on the gif where it looks like a ripple, it's grainy, it just loses quality.

I paid for this animator, so it's certainly disappointing and I would like to learn how to change this! It's Easy Gif Animator 5.1

Please advise!!
asasymbol

Re: Blurr/Grainy/below quality gifs- Easy Gif Animator

Postby Aivars » Thu May 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby asasymbol » Thu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Aivars wrote:This post might help you: http://kb.blumentals.net/kb/index.php?V ... EntryID=92

Thank you Aivars. I already took a look at that before I posted my concerns on this forum. My dithering mode was already set to 'Floyd S.', I changed it to 'nearest color', and of course the gif turned out even worse. So it is not a problem with that. My version (5.1) does not have an animation properties tab (unless I'm simply looking in the wrong place for it) but I doubt that.

I think it's unfortunate that a software program that I spent money on fails in delivering the most important part, the output product.

It's not true that it's impossible to create perfectly clear images using JPEGs. Because there are several programs that obviously have allowed people to do this. Take a look at the number of gifs in existence that are perfectly clear, surely if other programs have found a way to ensure quality even while containing only 256 colors, you guys should be able to. OR at least warn people that this is what they should expect before they buy your product.
asasymbol

Postby Aivars » Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Animation Properties tab is in the bottom part of the Easy Gif Animator's window.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby asasymbol » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:15 am

Tried this. Same result, blurry and grainy gifs.
asasymbol

Postby Falcongold » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I am having the same problem, I am on the trial and this is the only major hurdle (well, this and the constant crash I get trying to get the 5th "fade transition" in my anim), from me purchasing this product.

I WAS able to export to flash AVi and gif, before the "low quality" mode kicked in, and now it keeps cropping up. If I fresh open all of the images.... everything is fine, after a minute or so the quality of all of the images is gone, they all degrade while I am in the editor.
Falcongold

Postby Falcongold » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Nevermind they were decreased in quality from the export itself, some of them just looked better at first glance.

"do not merge palettes" should probably be checked by default since merging palettes is a destructive, 1 way process. you can always import a larger gif and merge the palettes in 1 easy step (reexport), however, you cannot Reopen a merged palette gif and unmerge the palettes. Also, showing the final quality (or a warning that quality will be different with merged palettes) in preview with your current settings would also be helpful. It is rather frustrating to see a perfect preview of 1 quality only to be given another on export.

I lost several hours and several "evaluations" (about 10) on this (and the crash) issue, would have been nice getting it working the way I expected, only to find out it was a bit too large, as that would be an easier fix.

Otherwise this is actually really good at doing what it is advertised to do, thanks!
Falcongold

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support