Submenu's lose format in IE9

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Submenu's lose format in IE9

Postby dwsnead » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi, I am having problems getting the menu to function properly in IE9 but works fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. I have tried adding the <!DOCTYPE HTML> declaration to all the pages but then the rest of the body of the webpage is attacked and different issue occurr with different browsers. I would rather not load all files for the menu in the root folder if I can avoid it. The ONLY issue I cannot seem to solve is that the dropdown menu loses it's rounded corners in IE and none of the other browsers. Any suggestions?

http://www.ridgevalley.org

Thanks, Dave
dwsnead

Re: Submenu's lose format in IE9

Postby Aivars » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Unfortunately rounded corners don't work in Internet Explorer quirks mode. They just don't. Your best bet is to get rid of quirks mode altogether and convert the website to standards compliant html. More info about quirks mode issues and investigating them: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

I'm not sure what you mean about loading all files in the root folder but you definitely don't have to do it. Read this for more info: http://kb.blumentals.net/kb/index.php?V ... ntryID=134
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby dwsnead » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Thank you Aivars...I was afraid of that. I need to perform some tag editing and convert to a true CSS instead of cells. It still amazes me that cross compatibility is so difficult for the various browsers. These compatibility wars go back a very long time and it would be interesting to see how much time and money the world has wasted as a result. This right up there with Henry Ford refusing to adopt the metric system when the first Model T rolled off the assembly line...egos and stupidity. Anyway...thanks for your time to respond. I appreciate it. Dave Snead
dwsnead

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm

It's getting better nowadays, most often the page that's made according to standards will look fine in FF and Chrome, with some fixes needed for IE. And IE is getting better, too - IE9 is not terrible and IE10 might actually be good for the first time. But I suspect as long as we have various competing browsers, we will have to keep fighting these kinds of problems.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby dwsnead » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 pm

We can only hope. Thanks again, Dave
dwsnead

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support