Version 2014 in development

New release and update announcements

Re: Version 2014 in development

Postby MikeyB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:01 am

[quote="Steve(spt)"]Select rename option, now if you click in the selected file name you do not have 'I' bar cursors[/quote]

Just tested this on my system and the cursor is visible for me, using WeBuilder 11.21 on Windows 7 Pro.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby chechnyan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am

can we expect a beta version in the near future. so we can bug report too :).
chechnyan

Postby robertc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Personally, I very pleased to hear of the big changes announced in the next version.
I have been using Webuilder for many years now (ever since HotDog crumbled) and have become used to using it but increasingly disillusioned with such old documentation especially regarding CSS and HTML options etc.
It was starting to become out of date but with the new things planned - and my 3-year upgrade paid for - I am looking forward to the new year and new version.

keep up the good work Karlis.
Robert
robertc

Postby Karlis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Compared to 2011, version 2014 will be a blast (look at it as double or triple the usual big upgrade). And while we are going fast and steady (implemented suggestions / fixes are now past 100+ mark), we also understand that the gap between updates and upgrades has been huge, thus we are committed to release more or less stable and usable development preview (not yet the real beta) in December. We have set goal to release more finished version in early 2013.

From the big tasks, we have yet to add plugin platform allowing developers (with JS or C++ knowledge) to extend capabilities of our product by means of programming plugin scripts, also we want to add some CSS wizards (gradient, shadow generators and preview etc.) Ant then we have a bunch of bugs to be fixed. After that we will be ready for beta, before that we will be ready for working but incomplete development preview (December).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jamielife » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Glad to hear about all the changes! WeBuilder is definitely Definitely my favorite IDE!

I was really glad to see that LESS/SASS support is coming as I think that's going to be very important going forward. I am wondering/concerned as to whether or not you're going to implement GIT support as I feel that this is just as (if not more) important to growing development teams.
jamielife

Previous

Return to Announcements