2004 Find

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

2004 Find

Postby vwphillips » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:02 pm

I select Backwards in the 'Find Direction' I then close the find option Panel
I find the text using the Find Previous. I then wish to find forward.
I can not do this using Find Next without changing Direction in the Find Panel Direction
vwphillips

Postby Karlis » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:45 pm

Find dialog window saves settings you have entered. Thus closing it won't reset direction.

Toolbar buttons and Search menu commands Find next and Find previous do not look at the direction, thus you do not even have to set the direction to find forward or backwards.
Karlis
Site Admin

Find 2004

Postby vwphillips » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:18 pm

Let me put this another way

If the the Find Direction is set to backwards Find Next does not work.
vwphillips

Postby Karlis » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:24 pm

It works, but backwards.

Find Next button in the Find dialog box works exactly as Direction is set. If you set ir backwards then search goes backwards (of course "From cursor" must be set otherwise it searches from the beginning anyway).

As soon as you *close* the find dialog, you can use commands on the Search toolbar or menu, to "Find Next" and "Find Previous".

If I am missong something, please feel free to correct me or provide additional detailed info about particular behavior in particular situation.
Karlis
Site Admin

2004 Find

Postby vwphillips » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:39 pm

I have read your last reply and have tried the Find next and previous again

as far as I can see the Find next has no practical appliaction if the Find Panel is set to backwards.

It will not find forward from the cursor.

However if the Find Panel is set to forward, Find Next and find Previous work fine.

I previously used 2002 and the Find Fwd and Previous work fine irrespective of the find panel selection.

There must be a more suptle interptetation of Fwd and Previous in 2004.

I will just have to make sure that The Find Panel is set to forward before using find next and previous when using 2004 but I would prefer that it used the same logic as 2002

Vic Phillips
vwphillips

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support