Problems on different computers

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Problems on different computers

Postby Islanderuk » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 pm

I have been running a Football Leagues web site for many years and have had no problems. I have now decided to change my links to buttons.

I have created my menus, entered them into my home page and uploaded my home page. On my computer running both Firefox and IE10 in windows 8 the page opens fine. A colleague using his I-Phone and I-Pad with IE9 and a desktop running Firefox the pages open fine and fit onto the screens ok.

However on my lap top, a colleagues laptop and another colleagues desktop the page opens but the whole page does not fit on the screen. In addition the sub menus either do not show up or show up on a white background and disappear on mouseover.

Also on one laptop the drop down menus do not on occassions appear at all but the next time he logs on they appear with a white background and disappear on mouseover..

Can you give any help explaining what is causing this problem and how I can get over it.

The problem page is http://www.eofl.co.uk/newindex.htm

Thanks in advsnace for your help.

Peter
Islanderuk

Re: Problems on different computers

Postby Aivars » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

The first problem that I see is with HTML. You currently have following code:

Code: Select all
<table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0  border=0>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="mbcsmbmpkk.css" type="text/css" />

<ul ...menu code here
</ul>

You can't put anything inside table unless it's table rows and cells, otherwise browsers will get confused. Fix this problem and I'll check for any further issues.

Also, it is advised to move <link rel="stylesheet" href="mbcsmbmpkk.css" type="text/css" /> to <head> block.

The second problem that you will be having with IE9 - unless you create your page in standards compliant way (by specifying doctype instead of using quirks mode), Internet Explorer 9 will NOT display rounded corners. See microsoft's page for more info on this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Islanderuk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks for your help. I have managed to create several pages using both rows and verticle button lists.

Is it possible to create different styles of buttons to go on the same web page or site ?
Islanderuk

Postby Aivars » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm

If you mean placing multiple menus on the same page, then yes: http://kb.blumentals.net/kb/index.php?V ... EntryID=75

If you mean making some of the menu buttons look different then that is possible with Image-based menus (under Button Templates tab).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Islanderuk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks very much for responding. I will give it a whirl
Islanderuk

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support