Update: 2014 Beta3 (free for everybody)

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2014 Beta2 (free for everybody)

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 pm

xtom wrote:I just downloaded beta2 and went to try out this new project todo feature. It's really great and I'll definately be using it but it caused the first and only crashes that I have experienced with 2014 so far.

Did you submit crash reports? I received one, but it was utterly difficult to understand what exactly the user was doing and when.

Step by step instructions from program start up to the crash would be helpful as the stack trace gave us nothing this time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2014 Beta3 (free for everybody)

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Beta3 addresses most of the recent bug-reports and a few older ones. We are currently closely monitoring the sent-in crash reports.

Unfortunately I could not yet confirm the ToDo bug that we got in one single crash-report although we made a few adjustments that might help.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby xtom » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

My crash report was vague but it was my first time experimenting with the todo feature and I didn't know the steps that led up to the crash. If it happens again I'll try to provide more details but as it can't be reproduced I wouldn't worry too much about it, I probably did something dodgy when I was trying to figure it out. Other than that very good and stable so far, I'll download beta3 and see how it goes.
xtom

Postby Karlis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks! ;-)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Kise » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 pm

There is problem when creating new file when connected to FTP, the problem still present in Beta2/3
Kise

Postby istojanovic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 pm

ToDo list cut comment from beginning, and add next line at end.
istojanovic

Postby Steve(spt) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Beta 3 version ..

Can someone tell me how to get the preview to show on my second monitor.

I expected to see an option setting in the ' view ' or under to tools option for preview to monitor 2

I like the inline TODO feature, I too have been waiting for this feature.
Steve(spt)

Postby ajmaske » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm

first off ... Karli, Kudos, to you and your team ...! wow ... what an improvement ...

I've been using Beta 2 and now 3 a long side Eclipse and so far nothing at all to report ... some scripts I edit are very very large and I have to say that Webuilder's editor is handling them even better than Eclipse does.

The one thing I have yet to get to work is the "Compare With", I have winmerge configured in the options .... C:\Program Files (x86)\WinMerge\WinMergeU.exe "%file1" "%file2" ; I also have backups enabled but they are being saved in a separate folder, and I am using SFTP to open the files off the linux box. When I click the "Compare With" I get the prompt about saving the file, I click Ok and the file gets saved but then nothing happens. Does this not work when opening files via SFTP? If not, would be nice ... :)

It does work perfectly when editing local files, however, if backups are enabled shouldn't it pre-populate the "Other file" with the backup filename. Often times I'm doing a diff on a file in the editor to see exactly what changes I've made ...

There as still quite a bit of things I'll be playing with such as the Projects in relation to SFTP ... SQL Explorer, and doing some Keyboard shorts for getting in and out of the panels ...

Thanks again ... super awesome job !!!!!
ajmaske

Postby ajmaske » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm

File Explorer ~ SFTP connection :

All ready some what cumbersome, it's hard to tell what folder (or folder structure) your sitting in. I routinely work out of a svn trunk and one or more branches, its impossible to see what folder layer your in. having something such as a breadcrumb which 1) lets you know the folder paths your sitting in and 2) allows you to click on one of them to quickly switch (or load) that folder. Without something of this nature one has to be really careful or they could find themselves editing the wrong file from the wrong folder ...

Just to test ... I opened the same file in both Webuilder and Eclipse, made different changes in both just to see what the response would be when saving. Eclipse saw that the remote file changed, however, Webuilder did not and over-wrote the remote file. Under Options > Files > General, there's the section "When file is modified by other program" I have it set to Prompt, but I get no prompt. Shouldn't this also apply to editing remote files ?

Other than that ... beautiful ....
ajmaske

Postby Kise » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm

also could we get support for external tools such as php-cs-fixer php_codeSniffer etc
Kise

Postby ana-gandi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Personally, I don't like v2014, for several reasons.

1) It doesn't keep your v2011 settings, on the contrary it overrides them;
2) The changes to Preferences don't take effect; you can try as many time as you want to change something there, nothing happens (sent too many mails about this, sorry for stressing you out);
3) CSS is all about colors, to me; your colors tab was the best I've ever seen (better than Dreamweaver), but now it's plain ugly and convoluted. You should have left it the way it was, without touching it.
4) The toolbar buttons are less clear, too; they are another thing where changes should have been minimal.

This is why, after trying v2014, I switched back to v2011 and will keep using that.
Last edited by ana-gandi on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ana-gandi

Postby falk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Great job, thanks. Please do something with Responsive Web Design and some templates.
falk

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

falk wrote:Great job, thanks. Please do something with Responsive Web Design and some templates.

For responsive design there is CSS -> Media Rule... and Insert -> Meta -> Meta Viewport... These will be helpful providing you know the basics and how to use them. I do hope we will have time to add responsive templates or even some wizards in the future.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements