Update: 2014 Beta5

New release and update announcements

Update: 2014 Beta5

Postby Karlis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Beta4 added a few ugly bugs (not data-damaging, but rather gui/stability related).

So I am urgently releasing Beta5...

Fixes some GUI bugs
Fixes some CSS formatter bugs
Fixes some crashes reported by some users

Note that beta version has some additional error-reporting built-in, so it can "crash" a tiny bit more often and generate more error reports. I also want to outline that we really need you to send in any crash reports any way you can and describe any other strange behavior, also confirmation that this or that beta works just fine after heavy use on this or that system are helpful.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2014 Beta5

Postby xtom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 pm

I was using beta4 today and it did hang just the once, minimised and unresponsive, I had to ctrl,alt,del to end it and restart. Not sure what happened but it was the first time any of the betas hung up on me like this. Will update to beta5. I've been using all the betas and I'm using the program quite often, personally I haven't encountered any reproducable bugs, overall it has been well behaved in my use. :)
xtom

Postby mapleleaf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 am

thank you

beta5 did fix the vendor keyframe issues when compressing the CSS.

compression resulted in a saving of 6K of the CSS file.

All in all I am quite happy with this release and have been with WeBuilder

Since I often make changes to the CSS file, Is there a way to have it loaded WeBuilder is initially loaded rather than manually loading it? The animations often need tweaking.

btw, you can now view the web site in either the fullscreen mode or in the normalscreen mode that works perfectly with either Gecko or Webkit engines and on the iPAD.

The web site is written in HTML5 and CSS3 animations and was written with WeBuilder.

Using a Star Wars/Star Trek theme, the web site showcases the features of the JWPlayer for both the JWP5 and JWP6 versions with the latter letting you view fullscreen video.

http://www.starbase-alpha.com
mapleleaf

Postby reacher » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 am

FYI, went to download the new beta and I can't access the webuilderapp.com site at all today, just get a 500 Internal Server Error page.
reacher

Postby Aivars » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

The server seems to be working but in any case the direct download link is: http://download.blumentals.net/webuild12b5.exe
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Karlis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

reacher wrote:FYI, went to download the new beta and I can't access the webuilderapp.com site at all today, just get a 500 Internal Server Error page.

We had an unfortunate downtime of approximately 30 minutes. :oops:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ana-gandi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I checked WeBuilder's new site http://www.webuilderapp.com and saw a "Purchase" button, but I don't understand one thing: if I purchased the program today, which version would I be buying? A beta version or the final stable release? I ask, because the "Download" button says 12.0 Beta5.

If it's still a beta, I have a suggestion: an internal PHP-pages previewer (to preview basic PHP-include files) who works without needing Apache or similars.
In v2011, clicking on the bottom "Preview" button I saw HTML and CSS previews but every time I tried to view a PHP-include file, it opened the Windows "download/save" tab; to get 'live' previews of my PHP-includes files, I currently have to use a competitor of yours (phpDesigner), but I'd like to delete it and work only with WB.

By the way, how do I get WeBuilder to look like the image in http://www.webuilderapp.com/whatsnew.ph ... ghlighting? I searched in the editor, but couldn't find a command.
ana-gandi

2014 Beta5 GUI bug

Postby DrGarry » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi All:

Click IE explorer preview button: Fine.
Click Google Chrome preview button. Lower half of preview pane displays hidden windows or dialogs (of whatever other program is running at the time). Scroll bar in Google Chrome preview occupies upper half of screen only
DrGarry

Postby MahanGM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Beta 3 had some problems with toolbars GUI. I don't know if it's still remained in newer versions. Another problem is with Macros. I don't use them much, but I was just testing the Macros and after choosing the menu item to record new macro, WeBuilder just hung. And please fix code folding. Whenever I want to make a new line after a folded code, when press Enter key it'll unfold the folded code and I have to scroll back and make it fold again. This will kill me if the folded code is 200 lines or more.
MahanGM

Postby Aivars » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

ana-gandi wrote:I checked WeBuilder's new site http://www.webuilderapp.com and saw a "Purchase" button, but I don't understand one thing: if I purchased the program today, which version would I be buying? A beta version or the final stable release? I ask, because the "Download" button says 12.0 Beta5.

You would buy current stable WeBuilder 2011 AND qualify for Webuilder 2014 stable once it's released. Beta is free but will expire.

ana-gandi wrote:If it's still a beta, I have a suggestion: an internal PHP-pages previewer (to preview basic PHP-include files) who works without needing Apache or similars.

Options -> Preview -> Script Preview -> Use Built In Web Server. This must be on. Also make sure path to php.exe is correct in the built-in server settings.

ana-gandi wrote:By the way, how do I get WeBuilder to look like the image in http://www.webuilderapp.com/whatsnew.ph ... ghlighting? I searched in the editor, but couldn't find a command.

Options -> Text Editor -> Colors -> Advanced Tools -> Load Colors From File
Aivars

Re: 2014 Beta5 GUI bug

Postby Aivars » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

DrGarry wrote:Click Google Chrome preview button. Lower half of preview pane displays hidden windows or dialogs (of whatever other program is running at the time). Scroll bar in Google Chrome preview occupies upper half of screen only

I am unable to reproduce this. Does it happen in beta 5?
Edit: Also - WeBuilder or RapidPHP or other editor?
Aivars

Postby Karlis » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Beta 3 had some problems with toolbars GUI. I don't know if it's still remained in newer versions.

Need more details.

Another problem is with Macros. I don't use them much, but I was just testing the Macros and after choosing the menu item to record new macro, WeBuilder just hung.

Problem confirmed and will be corrected.

And please fix code folding. Whenever I want to make a new line after a folded code, when press Enter key it'll unfold the folded code and I have to scroll back and make it fold again. This will kill me if the folded code is 200 lines or more.

Problem confirmed and will be corrected.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 am

I would like to thank everybody for sending in bug reports, today we have fixed a bunch of bugs and hopefully next beta (a better one) comes out soon :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mbedrac » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm

In beta5 I found following bugs and have some suggestions too:

1. I set red color for all kinds of comments and the comment is red only to the first non-english character and then is black.
2. In Find&Replace dialog Tab key should move focus from "Search for:" field to "Replace with:" field directly, not two buttons for history and special char list are first in tab order.
3. History list doesn't know about upper and lower case, for example FROM and from is the same, but it shouldn't be.
4. After a small amount of time in Webuilder I constantly loose search history and new items don't save in the list anymore. I have to restart Webuilder.
5. Sometimes I loose non-english characters in comments or anywhere else, not all, but some. I have proper UTF8 file.
6. When I do search and replace through multiple open files in project, dialog box closes after jumping to a new file or tab and I have to do CTRL+R again to open it again.
7. I would be very pleased if you include items, not short words from Auto replace list in autocomplete list. That would be killling function!
8. Sometimes F3 isn't working, especially between tabs.
9. When I set options "Convert tabs to spaces" or "Remove trailing spaces and tabs" it is very annonying that opened file gets changed status and I didn't alter nothing in code.
10. When will you put Refresh button in file explorer?
11. When I select color in code window and choose Color picker dialog, that color should be selected in colors, so I could easily pick some similar color near selected color.
12. When I move mouse cursor over color in Color picker dialog, there should be color name in tooltip if the color has name.
13. In project properties you could add another tab to set only included Files and folders. Sometimes it makes more sense to include folders from multiple locations.
If you had include folders and files option, you wouldn't have to have or set root folder, only included folders and then set exclude for that folders. It's more logical for me.
14. When I select block of text and press Tab to indent or Shift-Tab to unindent, it ruins indentation in selected code. It is very very annoying and you should fix it.
15. Where is sorting of selected lines of text? I need it often and now have to copy code to word, sort it and copy back to Webuilder.

Thank you. I tried many new versions of other web tools in last moths, but Webuilder is simply the best. But it could be better too.
mbedrac

Postby kfury77 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 pm

I love WeBuilder 2014! I've been using the beta version every day for the past 2 months. I'm using Beta 5 now and would like to report a couple of bugs:

1. Edit > Change Character Case > Capitalize - doesn't work. It puts it all in UPPERCASE
2. If you type ' ' it correctly is coloured green, but if you type '&' it leaves it normal text colour (black)
3. Sometimes I can't drag and drop CSS, HTM files into WeBuilder to open them. This is usually a very convenient way of quickly opening up files and its a bit frustrating when it doesn't work. (for reference: I'm using Windows 8 64-bit)
4. This one is very minor, but it'd be good if the CSS compressor converted colours to shortcode - e.g. #777777 to #777 (otherwise the CSS compressor is great!)
kfury77

Next

Return to Announcements